Subnautica Theory Sharing...

2»

Comments

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    If the Kharaa was before Subnautica, wouldn't it... you know... be in giant nests? Why would this version not be in giant hives with creatures protecting it? Why is it Green?

Probably because it's in a un-matured stage. It evolves, then BOOM Aliens.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2018
    The NS2 aliens used to be green on the inside and brown/beige/grey-brown/black/red on the outside

Now they are orange/yellow on the inside and purple on the outside.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    This is also why kharaa was originally yellow in subnautica for very early exp builds.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    This is also why kharaa was originally yellow in subnautica for very early exp builds.

That's actually something that looks alot better to me, but it's the devs choice. I guess it's green maybe to show it is in an early stage of development (Physically, not Coding wise).
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    The NS2 aliens used to be green on the inside and brown/beige/grey-brown/black/red on the outside

Now they are orange/yellow on the inside and purple on the outside.

Interesting. I wonder why? Maybe to make it more clean? To do some kind of connection? I don't know.