Creature base attack question

ShaneoShaneo Join Date: 2018-03-11 Member: 238928Members
If I build a thermal power plant at the heat area next to the Sea Treader road will/can the Crabsquids and Warpers there destroy it and multi-purpose rooms or do they only attack the player and vehicles?

Also, will/can they attack and damage vehicles docked in the moon pool?

Comments

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Creatures do not attack bases. In the past they could damage them, (and one floater was enough to give a base like 50 leaks).
    For vehicles in the moonpool,, I'm pretty sure they ignore it as well. I heard that sometimes stalkers would attack docked seamoths but fail.
  • ShaneoShaneo Join Date: 2018-03-11 Member: 238928Members
    Creatures do not attack bases. In the past they could damage them, (and one floater was enough to give a base like 50 leaks).
    For vehicles in the moonpool,, I'm pretty sure they ignore it as well. I heard that sometimes stalkers would attack docked seamoths but fail.

Ok cool. And just so I'm clear, let's say there is a Crabsquid right outside. Will it use it's radius attack if in close enough proximity to you (even if your in the base) in an attempt to attack you and end up damaging the base or will it wait for you to come out before attacking?

Its different to the base I know but I was attacked by Crabsquids while inside the abandoned base at the lost river. Their attacks couldn't reach me in there but they could see me while inside a building and still tried.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Creatures can no longer damage bases. Though I think crabsquids can still use their emp on bases. Though they should ignore you if you are in the base.
  • Gamerman47Gamerman47 Join Date: 2018-03-18 Member: 239277Members
    Only on Players and Vehicles :)
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Creatures can no longer damage bases. Though I think crabsquids can still use their emp on bases. Though they should ignore you if you are in the base.

Makes you wonder how the degasi survived so deep down.
    Gamerman47 wrote: »
    Only on Players and Vehicles :)

Doesn't make sense, as bases should physically be effected by EMPs. EMPs are created to take out all electrical items. This includes everything.
    Shaneo wrote: »
    If I build a thermal power plant at the heat area next to the Sea Treader road will/can the Crabsquids and Warpers there destroy it and multi-purpose rooms or do they only attack the player and vehicles?

Also, will/can they attack and damage vehicles docked in the moon pool?

I wish they could attack bases.
  • Employee427Employee427 Join Date: 2018-03-22 Member: 239396Members
    I was very disappointed with scrapping of base defense. I thought they would refine the system to be less annoying and more engaging, not just give up and remove it.
    They mainly removed it for difficulty reasons and because they wanted the base to be a safe place. So played have an area to be without constantly being attacked
  • Employee427Employee427 Join Date: 2018-03-22 Member: 239396Members
    They mainly removed it for difficulty reasons and because they wanted the base to be a safe place. So played have an area to be without constantly being attacked

But the game is already too easy, and there are already very safe places without a base. If a player builds their base on the backside of Mountain Island surely they should expect to be in danger.
    The game is intend to be easy, it is supposed to be friendly to casual and new gamers, thats why the bases are made to be one of the safest places in game
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2018
    The game is intend to be easy, it is supposed to be friendly to casual and new gamers, thats why the bases are made to be one of the safest places in game

Although, allegedly the game has a "hardcore" mode.
    Yeah that too, the hardcore mode was added for the more hardcore gamers, but even then, it is pretty much the same thing as playing the game normally, you just have one life on hardcore, and thats it.
  • CousinFruitCupzCousinFruitCupz USA Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229736Members
    You know, one of the original ideas was that if your base was big enough, sea dragons would come and attack your base and you would have to defend your base against them.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I'd prefer they attacked the base if it drew too much attention from local predators, same as they do with the cyclops. For instance, crabsquids are attracted to light. Perhaps you could position a few of those moving spotlights away from the base so that crabsquids are lured away. And larva larvae don't discriminate where they get their sustenance from, so they'd latch onto your bases in the inactive lava zone unless you took steps to repel them.

I finished the game on hardcore a while back with 100% completion and I'd scanned all the leviathans. I would've liked to see more challenge.