New Art Guy

Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
I really like this guy's art and was surprised to find out that he's joining the Subnautica team!

https://abiogenisis.deviantart.com/journal/Subnautica-734886534

https://www.alexries.com/

Comments

• ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Me when I saw his art
    wgenw59zlgsd.gif
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    edited March 2018
    No fecken way! I also know that bloke from a few of his pics, in particular the one for the stoplight loosejaw he did a couple of years ago:

stoplight_loosejaw_by_abiogenisis.jpg

That fish has quickly become my favourite animal for it's weird jaw and its ability to produce red light, and this is a really nice depiction of it. Man it makes me smile to know that he's in the UWE team now lol.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    No fecken way! I also know that bloke from a few of his pics, in particular the one for the stoplight loosejaw he did a couple of years ago:

stoplight_loosejaw_by_abiogenisis.jpg

That fish has quickly become my favourite animal for it's weird jaw and its ability to produce red light, and this is a really nice depiction of it. Man it makes me smile to know that he's in the UWE team now lol.

Nemo on steroids
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    Saw one of his images on a random google search awhile ago and thought 'If I ever make one of my stories into a movie, I'm going to hire this guy to do the graphics'. The wildlife he depicts reminds me of H.R. Giger; but if H.R. Giger had been all about Ringworld instead of H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos. Perhaps he could add that little bit of realistic creatures to Subnautica which we love in its flora and specifically jellyrays and reefbacks, but which eventually falters once we start seeing lava lizards and the like.
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    Me when I saw his art
    wgenw59zlgsd.gif

......... I am confused by this...... it seems like one of those obscure metaphors which you think you understand at first but dismiss your opinion because it doesn't seem substantial enough to make sense. Now, why does he still have his shades on after he takes them off?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Me when I saw his art
    wgenw59zlgsd.gif

......... I am confused by this...... it seems like one of those obscure metaphors which you think you understand at first but dismiss your opinion because it doesn't seem substantial enough to make sense. Now, why does he still have his shades on after he takes them off?
    giphy.gif
    Marvelous, my sunglasses plan has been initiated!
    So there's absolutely no reason why his sunglasses miraculously 3D printed themselves onto his face?
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Me when I saw his art
    wgenw59zlgsd.gif

giphy.gif
    Marvelous, my sunglasses plan has been initiated!

You, sir, are a threadprowler to be reckoned with
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I haven't been able to see all his art because the school blocked deviantart, but from what I saw, he's an amazing artist. If he's joining the subnautica team, that's sick!
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    @AnomalyDetected Hang on, lemme show you the amazing things he's done that imo could easily fit into the game.

barnards___swordswallower_by_abiogenisis.jpg

sahdy_reef_by_abiogenisis-d4lcj63.jpg

crystalline_cloakmouth_by_abiogenisis-d4nyn55.jpg

irridalli_by_abiogenisis-d7uenz9.jpg

reef_antlerworm_by_abiogenisis-d9lwx58.jpg

icy_moons_probe_by_abiogenisis-d9vb59r.jpg

commission___tentacle_beak_megafish_by_abiogenisis-da23tnt.png