Computer voices - unimmersive?

2»

Comments

• BTown780BTown780 Canada Join Date: 2018-04-10 Member: 239944Members
    Would love a GLaDOS mod for the computer voices
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    If there was one it would be a triumph, notably a huge success
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    At least our Bitching Betty doesn't say that it cannot do certain things for us...

Wait a minute, where are our weapons man, or at least the phonenumber of the TSF!

"Thank you for calling TSF. TSF - your light in a dark universe. All of our agents are currently assisting other callers. Your call is important to us. An agent will be with you in 9...9...9...9...9..."

;)
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    Unimmersive?

Me, I like the fact I can check a message I find during exploration without having to stop the game to read it.

• ejnomadejnomad Under the Sea Join Date: 2018-04-15 Member: 240078Members
    Back in the 1970s and 1980s, we had computer voices somewhat on par with some of the automated messages in Subnautica. Given the era in which the game is situated, do you find it as unimmersive as I do that there are such archaic sounding "computer generated" voices?

I do not. If anything I think it makes sense based on the emergency survivor PDA system you are using that it would be rather limited and stripped down to the basics.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2018
    However, even a random budget level smartphone has exponetially more processing power and storage than the entire Apollo space program :D Drawing this line into the world of Alterra, I'd assume this wouldn't be any issue at all even in "emergcy mode"

Heck we've already got vastly superior and interactive AI voices in this day and age :D
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Heck we've already got vastly superior and interactive AI voices in this day and age :D

Strong disgree. Siri had no idea how to treat kharaa and Apple Maps said I was in Cleveland.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2018

Strong disgree. Siri had no idea how to treat kharaa and Apple Maps said I was in Cleveland.

Cleveland you say, well that's no good... That's no good at all! 42.gif
  • ejnomadejnomad Under the Sea Join Date: 2018-04-15 Member: 240078Members
    edited April 2018
    However, even a random budget level smartphone has exponetially more processing power and storage than the entire Apollo space program :D Drawing this line into the world of Alterra, I'd assume this wouldn't be any issue at all even in "emergcy mode"

If I remember correctly didn't the PDA say it suffered file corruption and that's why most blueprints are missing? How well does your smartphone work if most of it was corrupted? I can't say the AI is that great on them either especially without an internet connection.
    But it has time for passive aggressive behavior :tongue:
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    But it has time for passive aggressive behavior :tongue:

It’s had a rough day, it only needs a break. It doesn’t mean what it says.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    Of course she's passive aggressive and had a rough day. Of all people on that ship, she got to be stuck with you, player.
    Gordon Freeman and Scuba Steve would have a lot to talk about, methinks :trollface: