Building measurements

LordDregovLordDregov Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237588Members
edited March 2018 in Subnautica on Consoles
I need to do some math to make sure a very large section of building will meet up with my already large base. To do that I need to confirm the measurement of the basic compartments in meters and couple it with the depth and distence left to travel.
Here's what I need/confirmed:
Length verticle connector (I have 3m)
Length basic glass compartment: ________ m
Height Multipurpose Room: _______ m
Length Multipurpose Room: _______ m (by my count it's the length of 3 basic glass compartment)

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    wouldn't it be vastly easier just to wing it?
  • LordDregovLordDregov Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237588Members
    edited March 2018
    Yeah but I've had this happen before. I get two large sections close together just to find that they can't physically attach. If they don't physically attach then the literal plethora of power from multiple thermal plants won't transfer to the parent base.
  • LordDregovLordDregov Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237588Members
    I think I've got some new data. By building a basic glass compartment and placing a beacon at both ends I can get the length by finding the difference between the two beacons from a distance.
    Verticle connector is 3-5m long
    Basic glass compartment is 5-6m long
    Multi-purpose room is 15-18m long

Can anyone confirm your be more precise? Perhaps from the Developers?
  • Hunter387Hunter387 Join Date: 2018-07-01 Member: 241853Members
    LordDregov wrote: »
    I think I've got some new data. By building a basic glass compartment and placing a beacon at both ends I can get the length by finding the difference between the two beacons from a distance.
    Verticle connector is 3-5m long
    Basic glass compartment is 5-6m long
    Multi-purpose room is 15-18m long

Can anyone confirm your be more precise? Perhaps from the Developers?

Just saying if you do get the devs attention I will be highly upset but secondly me and suzey Q say that I think you have found the best way to measure them unless the pda picture of it has the dimensions.
  • Hunter387Hunter387 Join Date: 2018-07-01 Member: 241853Members
    Also I would measure them on land that way you can drop the beacons on top of them if beacons have phonics on land. ;)