Find Items In Lockers Faster And Track Items While Scavenging

GhostwalkerGhostwalker United States Join Date: 2018-02-16 Member: 237724Members
edited February 2018 in Ideas and Suggestions
Have yet to play this game but have been seeing a play through. I have a couple of suggestions that would make the game less of a hassle.

1) Either allow locker upgrades to store more stuff so we don't have to build so many lockers, or allow all lockers to be search-able when 1 of them is opened. That way we don't have to go from locker to locker to find what we need. I don't know how hard it would be to do so but one thing you could do is add a scroll bar so you can scroll through all lockers. That would make it way easier than having to open locker after locker to get what you need and wouldn't be so much of a hassle and time consuming.

2) Make it to where we can track what we need. Like lets say we want to make the Vehicle bay for example. So you go to fabricator and right click on it ( or how ever you want to program it) and it will show on screen what things you need to make the items needed to make the Vehicle bay. Does that make sense.

Let me know what you all think.

Comments

• Feelx234Feelx234 Germany Join Date: 2018-02-22 Member: 238098Members
    @1) Yeah the locker shortage is really annoying but it does force you to keep your goods organized and limited. I think the mentality of don't just grab everything you find but grab everything you need does fit the game well. In a sense that you are trying to survive on a foreign planet and you are not playing to become a hoarder. (I mean you can still grab everything you find but you'll also need a LOT of lockers)
    @2) Would be great but you can always lookup what you need when you press tab and go to the blueprints "tab"
  • GhostwalkerGhostwalker United States Join Date: 2018-02-16 Member: 237724Members
    Feelx234 wrote: »
    @1) Yeah the locker shortage is really annoying but it does force you to keep your goods organized and limited. I think the mentality of don't just grab everything you find but grab everything you need does fit the game well. In a sense that you are trying to survive on a foreign planet and you are not playing to become a hoarder. (I mean you can still grab everything you find but you'll also need a LOT of lockers)
    @2) Would be great but you can always lookup what you need when you press tab and go to the blueprints "tab"

My main point is about making it easier to find what you are looking for in the lockers. I saw a play through where the guy organized pretty well and he still had to build like 7 lockers, and still had to go from locker to locker to get what he needed. It looks like a huge hassle and so tedious.

True you can look in blueprints tab, but yet another tedious thing needed to do instead of having fun in the game.

The reason i made the post is cause so far all four players i have seen play the game have mentioned these two issues. I just thought i would mention it to see if it was something that could be implemented.
  • ThardasThardas London Join Date: 2018-03-09 Member: 238794Members
    edited March 2018
    +1 to the suggestions on the first post.

It also would be awesome we wouldn't need to collect materials from the lockers for using on fabricator when the lockers are a few meters away. It's really getting annoying after some point.
  • Orihalcon_ZAOrihalcon_ZA South Africa Join Date: 2018-02-13 Member: 237535Members
    Thardas wrote: »
    +1 to the suggestions on the first post.

It also would be awesome we wouldn't need to collect materials from the lockers for using on fabricator when the lockers are a few meters away. It's really getting annoying after some point.

Look for the EasyCraft mod on Nexus Mod. Thank me later.

It takes the materials from lockers inside your base and works with your habitat builder as well to within a 50m range. Also shows you which item you're lacking if you don't have all the materials. QoL mod.

Some other great mods on there too that improves and solves LOTS of the QoL issues this game has.
  • Catsfan45Catsfan45 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235894Members
    Just asking but why can't we just build more lockers? sure it would take materials but I am sure an upgrade module would use up materials as well.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Catsfan45 wrote: »
    Just asking but why can't we just build more lockers? sure it would take materials but I am sure an upgrade module would use up materials as well.

Because bigger locker storage can help OCD people like me store all my individual recourses in organized containers. I end up running out of space and building more, but if I had this, I could fit so much into one.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2018
    The animation to go between lockers is what's pissing me of the most. Always opening and closing that damn PDA, with no way to cancel the animation \o/