Subnautica Stories: Time Capsule in the Grassy Plateau

NuclearTestingNuclearTesting Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232082Members
This paragraph was inspired by Stalker teeth issues? Well then..... (short story) by @Hipqo. Enjoy.
You're swimming through the Grassy Plateau, and notice a piece of metal sticking out of the ground. On closer inspection it appears you've found a time capsule left behind by another survivor from a different time. The capsule clicks open and inside you find a cracked PDA, two chunks of titanium, and a bloody survival knife. You put the titanium into your pack and download all the available data of the cracked PDA. On closer inspection it appears the blood on the knife is human. Opening up your PDA you proceed to read the data you downloaded off of the PDA in the time capsule.

SURVIVORS LOG [DATE UNAVAILABLE]
When it all started there were four of us and now I'm the only one left. Everything went downhill when Ryley got sick. Some fish covered in big glowing blisters bit him in the hand, whatever it had Ryley got it. We thought everything was fine. It was for a week after Ryley got bit. We didn't think much of it, just patched up the wound and went back to work on our habitat. We have everything we need. Fresh water comes from the shallows, the ocean is filled with food, and we had a habitat set up in a grassy plateau. We even had a scanner room. Ryley forgot to come back in one morning, he completely ignored his oxygen. When we woke up he was banging on the hatch trying to get in. When we revived him he went berserk, we had to hold him down. His face an hand were covered in cracks, he had a pustule growing above one of his eyes. He passed out after 10 minutes and we were able to run a scan on him. All the results showed is that there was SOMETHING wrong with him, not what. I was in the scanner hab when he woke back up, so I don't know what happened to Kaleb and Kyle who were both in the main habitat with Ryley. I was in the dive chamber when Ryley opened up the hatch and came at me with Kyle's survival knife. He stabbed me with it. I managed to swim to the observatory overlooking the habitat, Ryley drowned trying to force his way in. I'm bleeding a lot. I figured I might as well pack up what I have into a time capsule in the hopes whoever finds it has better luck than I did.
[LOG END]
[ACCESS OCR LOGS]
Main Habitat
dp7ooc255oc3.jpg
vh96ce775avn.jpg
rt4qfrwn2nkq.jpg
Scanner Hab
21jnnv3qoeuy.jpg
7nxlg60ldjbi.jpg
Observatory
dbqhzrzud68q.jpgrjgsl8z4fn2x.jpg