I find the soundtrack to be organised weirdly

Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
Here it is for reference.

Don't get me wrong, the actual soundtrack is great and I love it, but I'm annoyed by the fact that parts of it are organised in an alphabetical way (namely from A Tendancy to Float to Violet Beau excluding Cycle of Life). I don't like alphabetical soundtracks because I get lost with them, and I much prefer OSTs that have a chronological order with what happens in the actual game because you can sort of imagine the game playing in front of you as the soundtrack plays on, whereas an alphabetical order is more confusing to someone just listening to the OST in the background.
Now here comes the tricky bit because ik what you're gonna say: there's no chronological order. And well you're half right. With a game like subnautica it's really tricky to order the tracks to follow the same kind of order as the gameplay because there isn't exactly a fixed path that the player must follow in order to finish the game. However the OSTs of other open world games usually order themselves in the order you're most likely to come across something, or in the intended story order of discovery and that's what I'd like to see with the subnautica soundtrack.
I would give a go at trying to give my suggestion for a reorganisation of the tracks myself if I had the time right now, so eventually I might come back to this thread to try (ain't gonna be easy with 56 tracks lol). In the meantime I'd like to hear your opinions.

Comments