Moon pool damage unrepairable [47282]...[59783]

bugi74bugi74 Finland Join Date: 2017-05-02 Member: 230185Members
Already reported this ages ago in steam forums, but seems it didn't do anything there, so trying here (now that I can finally start new threads/discussion). (Link to steam thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/3/1319962683448609784/)

---- At 47282 ---
In short: I can not repair (probable) damage on moon pool.

Longer version:
Base got dimmed, figured out eventually that I had couple leaks in multipurpose rooms, fixed those... but base is still dimmed.

I found a hissing sound in a corner of the moon pool, but no visual changes inside or outside, and blindly trying to use repair tool all over that area (even while being inside visuals on the outside) does nothing. Removing the moon pool brings the lights back up, and creating it again in different location results in all good state (proves that the issue is damage in moon pool). Creating the moonpool again in the original position results in the same hissing sound in the same corner and dimmed base lights.

I.e. can not fix the moon pool in its intended location.

One would also think that full deconstructing and reconstructing would count as repair, too, instead of keeping the broken status in some hidden saved data.

For reproduction, I have no clue how that damage even came to be there (or anywhere else in the base for that matter), but I suspect randomly spawned gasopoddies getting nuts. I guess one can try shooting things at it, or build it near big animals...

---- After 50032: ---
after moving (i.e. dismantle+rebuild) the moonpool down one step, it was immediately showing couple spots to repair. After repairing one of them, leakage sounds vanished, got message about integrity restored and starting to drain the base, and lights got bright again. However, the water levels inside base remained bad anyway (another bug, i think).

Once moving the moonpool back up to the original problem spot, the corner was still making the sound, base is dimmed, etc. Moving it one step up (above the sea level) is ok, nothing to fix that way.

One horizontal move was also ok, can not test other 3 directions due to the rest of the base being in the way (and way too much work to dismantle them first).

While moving the moonpool around, I also noticed that it happily removed windows from other modules in order to make connection to them (bad, as getting material for windows seems to be quite a chore now, I'd rather have it leave the moonpool unconnected if there is no empty wall to play with).

---- At 59783: ---
Still in effect, seems to still be so that when relocated one step below, no problems, when built in the original spot, one corner has damage and can not be repaired (or seen, only heard and base without power).

If someone gets interested, I do have a savegame on it, but how to upload/attach... (I can't see a button for such)?

Comments

• NikanNikan USA Join Date: 2018-06-25 Member: 241680Members
    I have the exact same issue with an above sea level base part. I suffered damage all along a stack of corridors and the one at sea level showed no damage but the base is dimmed and the hissing is quite audible. Deconstructing the damaged part stops the sound which will return when the part is rebuilt.

Also, I cannot create visible damage any base part that is at or above sea level. Lots of hissing, but no visible damage.