We need a MoonPool sized Mapping Room, that only shows where Scanner Rooms and it's drones have been

TacticalHogTacticalHog Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230229Members
edited February 2018 in Ideas and Suggestions
also /u/TopHatZebra "I would love it if you could get a Cyclops module or something that would create a map as you explore."

what do you think?

Comments

• BomooBomoo Join Date: 2018-02-05 Member: 236923Members
    Agreed. Some mobile mapping functionality is sorely needed, preferably with an ability to add map pins/notes. It breaks my immersion having to constantly be alt tabbing out to look at map jpegs. See example of The Long Dark and how they implemented mapping that is perfectly thematic and immersive and isn't an overpowered GPS minimap.
  • eatapoptarteatapoptart United States Join Date: 2018-02-12 Member: 237458Members
    This is something i've been wanting too. I actually was looking into creating a mod that uses the seaglide's sonar map as a generator for a map room. Though, it looks like modding that far isn't really available for now. Ill keep looking into it though.
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    What kind of map are you hankering for? Do you mean a 3D map of the kind made by the scanner room, but adding on the sea-floor and tunnel topography you have driven though? This I guess would need the moonpool sized scanner room mentioned to be legible.

Or do you mean sonething similar to the 2D kevel maps of the biomes found on the wiki? This I guess would be displayable in your PDA - with your jouneys 'painting in' the image as you go?
  • TacticalHogTacticalHog Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230229Members
    BlueBottle wrote: »
    What kind of map are you hankering for? Do you mean a 3D map of the kind made by the scanner room, but adding on the sea-floor and tunnel topography you have driven though? This I guess would need the moonpool sized scanner room mentioned to be legible.

Or do you mean sonething similar to the 2D kevel maps of the biomes found on the wiki? This I guess would be displayable in your PDA - with your jouneys 'painting in' the image as you go?

Yup the first one, 3D and able to click and drag maybe to look around the map, hell why not both, give it a 2D topographic option
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    Yes, the scanner room map is a masterful feature but not being able to easily zoom or even crouch makes it difficult to interpret some of the more subterranean areas.
  • bigdognzbigdognz Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238447Members
    I definitely agree that a map room would be a great idea. Something that remotely connects to all your scanners so that you can see radius of all your scanners on some larger scale map and therefore the area which is not covered by the scanners.
  • thehaveilathonthehaveilathon Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238475Members
    Just put us out of our misery and add the zoom map or maybe something like a mini camera drone for the map or a 2D biome map to be filled by seeing the biome type or ground