Small Quality of Life/Immersion Tweaks

MaxAstroMaxAstro Join Date: 2005-07-07 Member: 55451Members
edited February 2018 in Ideas and Suggestions
*Enameled Glass and Plassteel feel like they should be advanced materials instead of basic; would help with the basic materials list being a bit cluttered.

*Repair tool still doesn't require a battery to craft

*Pathfinder tool's recipe really makes no sense now

*I adore the improved scanner room, but maybe the hud marker could be less intrusive? A small yellow dot would get the job done and clutter your view a lot less; the current one looks garish compared to the other interface elements

*What even is the point of the gloves slot?

*In almost every other inventory, right click moves the item to the inventory. However, when installing upgrades or putting batteries into a charger, it is left click instead. This has tripped me up a number of times, especially since when installing upgrades outside of the moonpool, right click is drop item.

Comments

• xm234xm234 Poland Join Date: 2017-03-26 Member: 229207Members
    edited February 2018
    MaxAstro wrote: »
    *In almost every other inventory, right click moves the item to the inventory. However, when installing upgrades or putting batteries into a charger, it is left click instead. This has tripped me up a number of times, especially since when installing upgrades outside of the moonpool, right click is drop item.

And the module you dropped gets bugged and quickly falls through the ocean floor and keeps falling, until it reaches the planet's core :D
    Also, to keep things more complicated, scanner room upgrades work with right click.

Getting back to the topic, I'd like to throw some more ideas:

1. Automatic repairs inside the moonpool
    2. Upgrade console inside the moonpool should access vehicle upgrades and inventory, just like the one in the Cyclops
    3. Light switch for our bases, please!
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    MaxAstro wrote: »
    *What even is the point of the gloves slot?
    oh fuck u right
  • LivebyhonorLivebyhonor United States Join Date: 2018-02-02 Member: 236623Members
    I do like the idea of an automatic repair to your craft when docked in the moonpool. Also I'd like to be able to get to my storage in the Prawn when it's docked in the moonpool.
  • MaxAstroMaxAstro Join Date: 2005-07-07 Member: 55451Members
    Eh... you can manually repair the Seamoth in the moonpool, which is fine for me.

But being able to interact with the Prawn the way you can the Seamoth would be a huge QoL improvement, yes.
  • SickSixSickSix FL Join Date: 2018-01-29 Member: 236202Members
    Yes, it kind of confused me how the vehicle bay in a vehicle (Cyclops) has more features than a structural docking facility.

• BomooBomoo Join Date: 2018-02-05 Member: 236923Members
    I do like the idea of an automatic repair to your craft when docked in the moonpool. Also I'd like to be able to get to my storage in the Prawn when it's docked in the moonpool.

Or access your upgrades panel...

Right now it feels to me like the Prawn is made to be a Cyclops-only vehicle.