About Time Capsules.

MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
edited March 2018 in Ideas and Suggestions
Time capsules were a nice addition. I love checking out what people left behind in the game. Sometimes it's a nice picture, others a nice joke.
But I don't like the items contained in them. I tend to be overzealous about inventory management and end up deleting most content within the capsules. Not only that, I dislike being given items to make the game easier. I once found a capsule with a charging Reaper pic containing a Stasis Rifle and a couple of ion batteries.
I had the Rifle recipe, but decided not to build it to apply its mats to other projects. And at that point in the game two ion batteries would definitely alter the game balance (not even a seamoth yet). So I let go of the batteries (Kept the rifle tough, with a normal battery).

I, and probably others, would deeply appreciate the option to not pick up TCs contents automatically, meanwhile maintaining the ability to check out the picture and text contained in them.
Maybe an interface like that of a regular game container, so the players just pick up whatever dawns interest.

Comments

• raziel29araziel29a Nosgoth Join Date: 2016-10-17 Member: 223205Members
    Well, the voting is kinda bonkers at the moment since we can't check the actual content of the time capsule unless someone wrote: "take my sea-glide, you'll need it more than I do".
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    raziel29a wrote: »
    Well, the voting is kinda bonkers at the moment since we can't check the actual content of the time capsule unless someone wrote: "take my sea-glide, you'll need it more than I do".
    Yeah, it'd be nice to see all the capsules that are just full of ion capsules or cuddlefish. ;/
  • bigdognzbigdognz Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238447Members
    I put an alien turd in my time capsule for a laugh, although I must admit I also put in a ion battery and ion power cell. Was going to put in a cuddlefish egg but I had hatched them all. They could easily moderate what goes in by preventing certain items from going in. The time capsule module has shows a status "valid" in green which could show invalid if you put in the wrong items.

Accessing the capsule like a container is a good idea.
  • thehaveilathonthehaveilathon Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238475Members
    A PDA file spot on the capsule would be legend
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Im still waiting for that one person to shove a bunch of divereels into their time capsule