Random-generated H******* Enzymes formula

matrixdllmatrixdll Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235941Members
There's a vast selection of decorative plants in this game - why not make the formula random-generated for each playthrough, so that the experienced players won't be able to stockpile required ingredients beforehand when playing the game second time. Maybe keep that rarest one in the formula, but the rest should be random generated.
Reasons:
1) It increases the replay value of a second playthrough;
2) Adds an incentive for the players to memorize exactly where each plant can be gathered.

Thank you and, once again, thanks for a great game.

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    After realizing that I myself am doing this on my current play through, I think this'd be a good idea. There should maybe even be several randomly generated aspects of the game besides this.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    matrixdll wrote: »
    There's a vast selection of decorative plants in this game - why not make the formula random-generated for each playthrough, so that the experienced players won't be able to stockpile required ingredients beforehand when playing the game second time. Maybe keep that rarest one in the formula, but the rest should be random generated.
    Reasons:
    1) It increases the replay value of a second playthrough;
    2) Adds an incentive for the players to memorize exactly where each plant can be gathered.

Thank you and, once again, thanks for a great game.

It is a nice idea, but in the end you'll just start gathering a piece of every plant in the game if you now about it. But I do enjoy random stuff.
  • matrixdllmatrixdll Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235941Members
    edited February 2018
    That's still less predictable than rather just gathering the set of plants, mentioned on a wiki-page.
    I mean, there's a designer's struggle, mentioned by Cory on the game's launch interview (or was it the Rockpapershotgun one?), to add more purpose for decorative stuff, and this seems like a perfect opportunity to implement one.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    Maybe it could use other cues instead of just plants. Make it a random recipe crafted using any naturally occurring plant, animal and mineral. So you might need not just plants, but maybe an egg, a small fish or even a mineral ore.
    It could weigh more toward the flora, but the possibility of requiring anything would really spice things up.
  • ZynnHavikZynnHavik Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237587Members
    edited February 2018
    I have dozens of each plant species around my base. So I'm okay with this. Growing deepshrooms, BloodKelp, and gel sacks nearby is sooopar useful
  • CaiobrzCaiobrz Brazil Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236501Members
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    It is a nice idea, but in the end you'll just start gathering a piece of every plant in the game if you now about it. But I do enjoy random stuff.

I agree, I like to have one of each plant in my garden anyway.