Prawn now needs 20 fragments?

GameSageGameSage Join Date: 2018-01-16 Member: 235086Members
edited January 2018 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
This has been popping up on some play throughs, but once i get my third prawn suit fragment, the PDA changes from saying i need 4 total to 20. Once i find the 4th this does not corrrect itself and says i need 16 more fragments to unlock the prawn. As far as I know there are not that many prawn suit fragments in the whole game. Theres 4-5 in the Aurora, and 3-4 a piece in a pair of other wrecks bringing that total to a max of 14. Then there is the odd prawn arm that is part of the core prawn suit in another wreck or two where you can find fragments of the arm attachments.

Any case, as far as i know, this glitch does not reverse itself after it happens, thus breaking the save and making the game virtually unbeatable as some materials required can only be obtained from the big mining rocks. Kyanite especially as far as i know there are maybe 5 pieces that you can grab by hand but 3 of those each have to be used for cyclops and prawn depth upgrades, meaning you would not have enough to make extra tablets to get into the main containment facility, or to make the second stage of the neptune rocket.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1280585010

Comments

• RocketRocket Join Date: 2018-01-14 Member: 235036Members
    There are two types of prawn suit fragments obtainable to compete the research. Ones with the prawn suit claw arm model (5% each), and ones with the larger prawn suit model itself (25% each).

You are not locked into one nor the other.
  • GameSageGameSage Join Date: 2018-01-16 Member: 235086Members
    so scanning the whole suits will still unlock it? ok good.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Any clue on those fragments (precise) location?

I've been around all corners of the Aurora wreck and only found arm parts. I found enough parts so i could build a chain of PRAWN arms from the escape pod to the Aurora...

• PabloKrkPabloKrk Poland Join Date: 2017-01-14 Member: 226731Members
    Hey, i go the hardest type to get PRAWN. Can anyone help with location of claw arms to scan? I Found only 7 fragments near the wrecks :/
  • GameSageGameSage Join Date: 2018-01-16 Member: 235086Members
    When you get the coordinates to the first officers escape pod, somewhere within 100 meters or so you can find at least one arm upgrade. Also in the northwest area and slightly east of it there is another that i think has the drill arms.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    edited March 2018
    When in the Aurora, there are four almost full suits that will give you the blueprints if scanned.

Aside from that, 20 fragments in the Wrecks and Scatter of the Aurora around the map can be found to do the same thing but is much more time-consuming.

wpal6b8ehuxp.jpg
    The large fragments in the Aurora.
  • jefcoqjefcoq France Join Date: 2018-04-17 Member: 240128Members
    Hello,
    I found all prawn parts, but when I want to build it on the constructor, nothing happens...(update 84 release)
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    jefcoq wrote: »
    Hello,
    I found all prawn parts, but when I want to build it on the constructor, nothing happens...(update 84 release)

Did you make sure all materials were collected? If so, then try verifying the game integrity.