What's new in 1.0?

cels83cels83 Join Date: 2018-01-10 Member: 234929Members
I'm unable to find any information about what, if anything, is new in 1.0. Other than the ending being in, finally. Is it worth playing the game again, or should I just watch someone build the rocket on YouTube and watch them end the game? Honestly, if it's just a matter of gathering the resources needed to construct the rocket and then pressing the button to watch some kind of end cinematic, I'll probably just watch someone else do it.

Is there any other new content in 1.0? New stuff to build, new places to explore? Anything?

A thousand apologies if the answer to this question is easy to find and I've missed it. Please let me know so I can commit seppuku.

Comments

• cdaragorncdaragorn Join Date: 2016-02-07 Member: 212685Members
    They said in the livestream that it just unlocked the rocket. I'm a bit sad to hear you say it's not worth playing yourself for that, though. I admit I've stayed away from the game for a while due to burnout from restarting so many times, but I'm excited about this one just because I love the gameplay and know that I can finally trust I won't need to restart again at least for a long while.
    Going through the story including the ending myself is so much more fun for me personally.
  • Someonestolema02Someonestolema02 BC canada Join Date: 2016-08-03 Member: 220950Members
    edited January 2018
    What's new in 1.0? I'd love o know. All I see is piss poor performance, worse than before. I am shocked and insulted they call this finished. Content ( the rocket) alone is not a finished game. Adequate performance and lack of bugs is too. Why does this seem to be the new way of doing things? Pump out unfinished crap and fix it later? They had years of early access to iron out the stutter and pop in. Amazing.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Everyone was expecting a huge update stretching into the Gigabytes. Yet we got a rocket unlock patch of around 5.5Mb?

Really amusing :D
  • cels83cels83 Join Date: 2018-01-10 Member: 234929Members
    cdaragorn wrote: »
    They said in the livestream that it just unlocked the rocket. I'm a bit sad to hear you say it's not worth playing yourself for that, though. I admit I've stayed away from the game for a while due to burnout from restarting so many times, but I'm excited about this one just because I love the gameplay and know that I can finally trust I won't need to restart again at least for a long while.
    Going through the story including the ending myself is so much more fun for me personally.

I guess I didn't spend as much time on this game as many others have. I only built a single base and basically tried to work towards the end goal the entire time. As a result, I've never restarted. I just play all the way to the end. If I load the game now, I will have all the resources needed to build a rocket (or two), so there's not really any real gameplay involved. It's not like a final boss you have to kill, or a final puzzle, or a final adventure of some sort.

If there's nothing else, I guess I'll just... wait for the expansion DLC.

I really did not get the launch stream at all. I skipped through it, and all I saw were a bunch of interviews about a game I already played. Everyone looked really happy, which is cool. But it didn't do anything for me personally. I was hoping for a presentation of the last content they had added to the game, and a reason for me to get back to it. But in the end, it was just "so long and thanks for all the fish".
  • VenommcVenommc Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235633Members
    Their is no confirmations of a DLC just a new area might be coming to subnautica I don't know where anyone is getting the hole DLC thing from but it us not confirmed that it is going to be a DLC but in the 1.0 update they did just unlock the rocket but what did any of you guys expect, it was the only component missing for the full release of the game and honestly I was only expecting the rocket since the game was basically done and it only needed the rocket to be finished. But with the new artic biome maybe coming it will add a ton of new creatures and tools and gear to the game. What else did you expect from the 1.0 release. I'm only waiting on the Xbox one release so that I can play it.
  • VenommcVenommc Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235633Members
    What's new in 1.0? I'd love o know. All I see is piss poor performance, worse than before. I am shocked and insulted they call this finished. Content ( the rocket) alone is not a finished game. Adequate performance and lack of bugs is too. Why does this seem to be the new way of doing things? Pump out unfinished crap and fix it later? They had years of early access to iron out the stutter and pop in. Amazing.

What do you expect from the game since it just came out with the rocket. Of course there is always going to be bugs in games, you can't get rid of them all and the game is finished along with the story so I don't get why your so upset considering that the rocket did add a ton of new things to the game to go do so that you could see the hole world again before you leave and never come back. But I only wish that after you beat the game you can do things when you get back to the Alterra base and maybe see what is in the base and mess around with things in the base. But for the artic biome being added in(maybe) they should add in a couple more vehicles for it.
  • Someonestolema02Someonestolema02 BC canada Join Date: 2016-08-03 Member: 220950Members
    edited January 2018
    You don't " get" it? the game runs like absolute crap. What's not to get. "the game is finished", that's funny.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Depends what you expect I guess?
    I have seen a lot of performance increases over the years. Is it perfect? No. Could this be someones pc? Sure.

I actually think its much more cpu capped then I initially thought even though I was impressed recently with the multicore usage.. Testing shall follow. :)
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    edited January 2018
    I've got a 5 year old gaming laptop with SSD and it runs ~30 fps, dipping to 25 sometimes. I get almost no hitching, and no crashes. I consider that very good for such an old machine. Unless you are running something even older, don't have a good dedicated video card, or are using a slow hard drive, Subnautica runs fine.
    edited January 2018
    Meanwhile there is hitches on a gtx 1080. No, it does not run fine. You are pretty much arguing with the entire internet, arguing this. Go Google it. Look at Reddit. Subnautica runs fine. You;re freaking hilarious.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Meanwhile there is hitches on a gtx 1080. No, it does not run fine. You are pretty much arguing with the entire internet, arguing this. Go Google it. Look at Reddit. Subnautica runs fine. You;re freaking hilarious.

Please, don't start this here.
    cels83 wrote: »
    I'm unable to find any information about what, if anything, is new in 1.0. Other than the ending being in, finally. Is it worth playing the game again, or should I just watch someone build the rocket on YouTube and watch them end the game? Honestly, if it's just a matter of gathering the resources needed to construct the rocket and then pressing the button to watch some kind of end cinematic, I'll probably just watch someone else do it.

Is there any other new content in 1.0? New stuff to build, new places to explore? Anything?

A thousand apologies if the answer to this question is easy to find and I've missed it. Please let me know so I can commit seppuku.

I do not believe they added any new things other then Time Capsules and the Rocket. That's mostly it.
    cdaragorn wrote: »

I also do enjoy the experience of fully playing through the game.

I won't spoil the ending, but that last message cracked me up!
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    edited January 2018
    A game with such potential, which I fully supported almost 2 years ago, and which I saw fritter away all that potential as month after month passed, right up until 1.0. Every little update chipped away at everything that was so good when I first played.

Buyers remorse has never been so apt.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    It runs quite well for me (better than before) - there have also been tons of polish and minor improvements over the past month. We basically had the release version - just without the ending.

They also did a bunch of things like tweak cave entrances to make it easier for players to get around on the floating island (it used to be one way onto the island, and one hidden entrance into the teleporter room - now it is three ways onto the island, and a very obvious entrance to the teleporter room).
  • Gourmet_GuyGourmet_Guy Ohio Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218647Members
    You can use the Rocket Gantry as a diving board. Best update 10/10 - IGN