Bought a server slot - wound up clueless

FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
I got a server from bluefang to try to get a server populated some nights with comp mod. Regardless of whether they're good or anyon agrees with my intention with it, I need help.

Is there any easy way out here to put a server together for start, with all the basic requirements not included with the game? Shine, nsl comp mod, frozen build 217 if needed, spec slots, hive, yadayada. There's only one other mod i might try but its so secondary to actually getting up and running.

Let me know if anyone can help, otherwise I'm just going to eat the cash and cancel it. Not getting anything decent after a couple of hours reading and trying was way more time than I can mentally afford these days

Comments

• SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    You can have my config files that I use for The Thirsty Onos server if that would help you.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    @SupaFred Yea I think it would, if I can honestly just copy-paste it into the ftp and then try to finagle the mods I want in, I should actually be able to get it running how I want fro
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Thanks @SupaFred ! I have it kind of working, but apparently there's some issue with renaming the server in the server list and a conflict of some kind with their control panel..? I dont really know, since all the mods loaded from the server.txt, so I don't see why it wouldn't execute the name change.