The Aftermath

2»

Comments

• kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Good luck with that
  • RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members
    Consul: Hello. You are the counsel for improving the lava zones image?

Counsel: Yes.

Consul: you're all sacked. We need to just let the trust develop normally.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    edited February 2018
    “General Bite. I’m glad you could take the time to meet with me. We have much to discuss.”

“This better be worth my time, Mesmer.”

“I know we have had out disagreements in the past. I don’t like your methods and you don’t like mine. But the FMMA has made an ally. Someone I need your help to face.”

“The Conglomerate.”

“Yes. I know your hatred for them burns bright. Just as my own does for the machines. We have to work together to stop them.”

“And why on earth should I work with you?”

“Because. The conglomerate killed your daughter, Katyusha-“

“How dare you speak her name. Desecrate it with your filthy tongue!”.

“Please, General. They killed my wife and father, as well. This alliance has taken family from both of us. We need to stop them from taking anyone else’s.”

“Oh, Mesmer, I’ll help you fight. But don’t think I’ll just let go of all you’ve done. When this is all over, you and I have matters to discuss.”

The biters are unpredictable. Vicious. Bloodthirsty. Perfect for a rebel force. But dangerous as an ally. We’ll need to watch our backs.
    This “NDSL” may become an issue as well. They’re trying to make peace with the entire ocean. They even sent a message to me, asking to ally with me. I asked them if they wished to fight the FMMA with me, and they simply said they wanted to be allies with everyone. I told them to shove off. There’s no neutrality here. You either fight the machines, or you’re complacent. And to me, complacence is just as bad as aiding them. This will be war. There will be sides, and everyone in this ocean is going to have to pick one.
    We are Piscis Rebellis, and we will not stand down.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited February 2018
    Lost River to Lava Zone passage. 08:00 hours.

Ash, the one thing that hasn't changed in the Lava Zone, the problem is now there no way to get rid of it. It poured out cracks in the ground left over from battle past, oozed from walls where once defensive positions stood and seeped from the Lava Castle, ever standing. "This was about to change" Commander Takashi thought to himself. He had be ordered by General Bite to acquire the Marmota, what an honor. But just to top it off his objective was already half visible from where he was, the fools. He swam up to the conscripts, the despising Reefbacks.

"Barnacle head, transport my men over to the Reaper skeleton. I'll deal with the locals." He ordered the inferior species.

"Eye sir" the Reefback groaned, his shell covered with several thousand Biters. Takashi swam down to the entry way and watched as his forces deployed from the reefback like a well oiled machine. That was when a chirp lava ray came over.

"What is Your kind doing here, hasn't there been enough way already!" the ray pleaded.

"Were a peace keeping forced sent by the Union of Biomes themselves, something about Pater sympathizers still attacking civilians, tell you what be a chap and get whoever is in charge." The Biter smugly told him, "the true was to win a war was though people hearts" was what his mother told him. The ray swam off just as the armored infantry assembled into the cavern. The Biter engineers tried their best from what was depicted in the "borrowed" books found in aurora wrecks, but a fossilized skull works just as well as steel when the opponent has no "tank". As more reefbacks descended and lowed the base camp equipment Takashi took the liberty to swim over to the castle. Half of it was blow off during Pater's death and some of the "ooze" still remained in pools. The gaping whole revealed the precursor power facility. Now he just needed to know how to assemble the damn thing. He swam inside the machine, from what Bite told him the pieces teleported in like a warper and the whole thing should assemble. Takashi was not one to doubt the general but that seemed quite impossible.
  • NarratorNarrator Join Date: 2018-01-15 Member: 235071Members
    edited February 2018
    Darkness drenched the bottom of the sinkhole. Giant chunks of rock mixed with Floater corpses covered the sandy seafloor. Overhead, small islands floated with eerie silence. The very land mourned for it's missing inhabitants, the waters silent of the Boneshark's cry.

At intermittent times, a geyser of molten rock spewed forth it's contents, settling them into the ashes spread around it.

Here, floating above this geyser, was a being. It shivered in the cold of water, huddling as close to the geyser as it safely could. A small Spadefish lazily swam along the seafloor, searching for any source of food left in the desolate area. Swimming over the geyser, it bumped into the being, but when the Spadefish looked around for the cause of the bump, it found only empty, quiet ocean.

Being spooked by this mysterious bump, the Spadefish fled the area, returning to the sunlit surface. The being watched the Spadefish retreat silently, fearing to alert its own presence. As soon as the Spadefish was out of sight, the being breathed a sigh of relief. Seeing that it was alone in the darkness, it let up its cloak. Green Light exploded from the visage, causing the water to swirl and boil. Slowly, the outline of a Warper appeared from the light.

The usual purple exoskeleton of a Warper was dulled to a stark green and gray, swirled into the very fibers of it's body, as if the waters of the Void had burrowed into the skin. One of its scythe like claws was gone, leaving a cracked stub in its place. The usual cold, calculating dominance of the Warper was replaced by a melancholy sadness or regret. Many of its tentacles had been ripped off, leaving two left to keep this shell of a Warper mobile. Much of the head ornament had been permanently blackened, as if burned by the Heat Blood Waters itself. The Warper shivered again, slowly moving towards the steaming lava below, and jerking back when the geyser lazily coughed another splutter of molten rock. It was as if the very land of this area was constantly experiencing its dying breath.

The Warper simply sat there, not moving. Not thinking. Not doing. Barely living. It simply just was.

It sighed, moving closer to the geyser once again. It looked up to see a Reefback far above it, slowly moving across the sinkhole that was the Underwater Islands. Or rather, the graveyard that once was the Underwater Islands. It was most likely transporting smaller fish away from the Mountains, a major GCSC controlled area. The Warper had seen the degradation of the status of the Aboveworlders from the shadows of its cloak, falling into the same traditions, the same mistakes. "How many times must war be waged? How many battles must be fought before they see the fruitlessness of their labors?" The Warper asked itself sadly.

The Warper rubbed the fragmented bone of its lost claw, subconsciously wishing in vain for it to return. How had things come to this? Sitting at the bottom of a hole, huddling for warmth, hiding from... Pater knows what... reduced to a shell of what The Warper once was. Peace, it had wished for. And in return, it had lived in constant war.

Such is the wrath of the vengeful monster.

The Warper had been sitting at this geyser for days now, contemplating what its next move was. Its objective was complete, but its consequences still haunted The Warper, even all these years later. Being chased, hunted rather, by the ghosts of his enemies. Some days, it was almost as if Pater Aestus still blazed down at him, his fury singing the flesh from The Warper's joints. Others, it was as if the entire planet had forgotten of The Warper's existence, and left it to rot in the cold darkness.

It's life was as much a Hell as the one Pater Aestus now lived in. At least...The Warper hoped.

Forced to fight for its life day after day, never being gifted the peace of death. Seeing the life it could live, and yet confined to the shadows of bitterness The Warper set around itself.

And then, like clockwork, The Warper's tormentor came back for another round of torture.

"You." The shadows bitterly spat.

The Warper slowly spun, raising its whole claw, readying for attack. "Yes, me" The Warper replied.

Yet again, the empty water exploded in green light, shaping the battered visage of a Crabsquid.

Its circumstance was not unlike The Warper. Many of its legs had been sliced from the body, leaving three uselessly clawing the water around them, desperately trying to keep the body afloat. One of its eyes was missing, and another was clouded with blindness. Its head sagged, a giant rip in the thin membrane around its cerebral network had been hastily patched with Creepvine and Blood Kelp. One of The Crabsquids arms floated limply at its side. Scars of previous stab wounds covered it's body and head. The same dark green and gray mottled The Crabsquid's body. The eyes that did work seethed with anger, the mouth frothing with savagery.

"This time... this time I'll kill you." The Crabsquid huffed.

"You say this each and every time. And I say the same to you. And yet, here we are." The Warper replied

"Shut up! This time, it'll be different." The Crabsquid barked.

Despite the two beings being little more than animated corpses, they charged, locking themselves in fierce mortal combat. Each slashed, hacked, bit, clawed, spat, shouted, howled for their lives. Words of hate were yelled, wounds were re-opened, blood was spilled. They fought until the waning light of the sun vanished, darkening the abyss further. Even still, they punched, sliced, stabbed, retreated, trading blow for blow, losing all sense of thought.

All that was left was the instinct to kill.

The Crabsquid raised it remaining claw, swirling the blood-stained water above the fighters, and slammed down onto The Warper. The Warper blocked the claw with its own, keeping it in place. While they floated there, desperately trying to gain an advantage of the other, The Warper screamed, "Is this what you wanted Skyros?!"

The Warper threw the wearied Crabsquid, yelling again, "Do you really want this! To live everyday in utter anger! To be so consumed with your own emotions that its impossible to see out!"

The Crabsquid, Skyros, had drifted to the seafloor below, screaming in return, "This is all that's left! This is who we are, Noble! We live to kill each other! And that's what I'll do, even if I have to kill you in Hell!"

Skyros violently dragged himself across the seabed, throwing sand around his path. He launched himself at The Warper, claw extended, ready to rip it to pieces. The Warper simply disappeared, leaving the Crabsquid launching at open water. It then appeared a few meters back in a swirl of water and light. "Skyros, who are you?! You aren't the witty, conceited 4th Division leader! You're a monster!" The Warper yelled.

"I'm you're executioner!!" Skyros screamed.

Skyros released an EMP blast, rendering The Warper useless. It slowly, limply, drifted to the ground. Before it could reawaken, Skyros shot towards The Warper like a Crashfish, and gripped The Warpers throat with its blood-speckled claw. The Warper reawakened to Skyros laughing in triumph. "Finally!" he shouted, "You're time has come! Say goodbye Noble Cleanser!!"

"Skyros," Noble Cleanser choked, "What do you want in life?..."

"Your fake, Warper blood stained on my mouth, and your heart stuck between my teeth." Skyros chattered gleefully.

"And then?" Noble Cleanser replied.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Skyros asked, slowly tightening his grip on The Warper's throat.

"We both live for each other, and here we are trying to kill each other! We live for nothing like this! Don't you see that?!"

"All I see, is that my troubles are finally gonna be over. Once I'm finished with you, I'm gonna kill each and every one of your damn kind! Along with the rest of Aboveworld! I'll build the 4th Division back up, and we'll rule the ocean. Better than even Pater could ever even dream of!" Skyros seethed, his anger practically dripping from his bared fangs.

"You'll be lucky to make it out of this abyss." Noble Cleanser choked.

Skyros tightened his grip around Noble Cleanser's throat, causing the the gray exoskeleton to crack and fracture. "Any last words?" Skyros asked, his eyes practically begging for The Warper's death to come soon.

"What happened to the 4th Division?" Noble Cleanser asked.

The question caught Skyros off guard, "What kind of question is that? You Aboveworlders killed them all!"

"And what happened to Pater?"

"He's dead!"

"So what are you still doing?! Why are you still doing this?! Who are you, Skyros?!"

The Crabsquid loosened his grip, taking his eyes off his prey for the first time. He stared at the geyser, looked at it slowly leaking the last of its lava on the seafloor, watching it cool and harden.

"I..." The Crabsquid stuttered.

"You're better than this!" Noble Cleanser shouted, "You're Skyros! A proud Crabsquid, one who wanted nothing but the best for his fellow brethren. But here you are, you've let your anger burn your kind to ashes. You've let your lust for blood come before anything or anyone. You've let all you've ever cared about die around you, but here I am.

And I'm offering a claw of forgiveness."

Skyros jerked his eyes back to Noble Cleanser.

"I've let the same thing happen. We've been blinded by the Pater. But letting his ghost keep covering our eyes won't do us any good. All it will do is let his anger win out in the end." Noble Cleaser said, letting its regret crack its voice.

"We're not so different, you and I, Skyros."

Skyros, slowly but surely, released The Warper from his grip. He drifted aimlessly, letting the slow currents carry him to the seafloor. Noble Cleanser slowly followed. As the two war-torn creatures sat in silence, reflecting on what they had don, the sun far above began to rise into the sky, lighting the waters around them.

"Who are you?" Noble Cleanser asked at last.

"I don't know..." Skyros quietly answered.

"Well," The Warper whispered, "I don't know who I am either."

"But that's the beauty of it. We can find ourselves again. So, let's go Skyros. Let's find ourselves."

Noble Cleanser lifted a claw to Skyros, who still sat on the seafloor. The two sat in silence once again, the sun slowly illuminating their final scene of carnage, lighting a new day, and the path out of the abyss.

"Okay..." Skyros finally responded, lightly grasping Noble Cleanser's remaining claw.

edited February 2018
    7:22: ILZ-Dunes tunnel. Terraforming equipment hand-over from @kingkuma to NDSL.

Overseer of farming: This is the terraforming equipment?

Warper 1: Yes.

Warper 2: We have been sent to ensure you cannot break it due to lack of training.

Overseer: You want to teach us how to use it?

Warper 2: Yes.

Overseer: bring it in.
    edited February 2018
    13:56 ILZ-Dunes tunnel. Continued terraforming of inhospitable places. Goal: Produce food for the people.

Lava lizard Whom we don't know the name of, but for the purposes of this post we shall call Dave: Inter-quasi Hyperlink aligned.

Another lava lizard, whom we shall call...Uh...Lava lizard: selected target aligned with quantum-link rays.

A random seadragon whom we shall call Skoop: Begin terraforming.

Lava lizard: Beginning construction of quantum alignment.

Dave: initiating terraforming process

*Rather a large explosion*

Skoop: Damage report!

Dave: A hole must have been ruptured in the hyperlink!

Skoop: How? Every time we use this, we run a billion safety checks!

Lava lizard: Sabotage?

Skoop: I want you to find out what caused that, and now!

Dave: Normally we couldn't enter the hyperlink, but now that the drill has exploded, it shouldn't be a problem.

Skoop: Get in there!

Lava lizard: On it.

*1 minute passes*

Dave: entering hyperlink maintenance shaft now.

Lava lizard: Looks like someone's been here recently

Dave: coming up on the hyperlink chamber...

Dave: Oh dear.

Dave: A rock has been placed in the hyperlink chamber. It would disrupt the alignment process.

Skoop: who...

Lava lizard: There's a drawing of a sea emperor on the rock.

Skoop: Aeustus supporters. The PH/SP is going to kill us.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    edited February 2018
    The ALZ was beautiful, in its own savage way. Giant pillars of molten rock flowed from fissures in the cavern’s roof and surged downward, like a giant stream of superheated maple syrup. Reaper sat there, tapping his claws on his desk. Sure, being a warper was great at times,(no need to eat or sleep, free immortality), but other times it was a bit of a pain. His senses were constantly on alert, expecting a crabsquid or sea dragon to appear behind him and tear his tentacles off, one by one. He sank lower in his chair. The seadragons seemed to be friendly - but there was no way to be sure, and his programmed paranoia didn’t help his already tense nerves. They were going through the ILZ now, huge towers of black stone rising from the seafloor, like the towers of an ancient fortress long since abandoned. The sub maneuvered nimbly between them, dodging the lava larvae floating around the hydrothermal vents. Soon they were in the corridor, traveling past massive neon - blue kyanite deposits, as tall as three men. The sub stopped with a lurch, and its three massive flagella stood straight, as its cubic body manually docked with the outpost. Reaper glided out, still scared, but showing no emotion. Good leaders never look worried, he thought.However, deep inside his artificial heart, he was still fearful of someone killing him, even here, surrounded by his most loyal soldiers. He walked up to a large tower in the center of the square room. The gravity elevator lifted him up ten stories, up to the comm units. At the top, warpers were tapping on keys, monitoring frequencies, and observing troop movements. He slid up next to one of the technicians, watching him for minute, then finally speaking.

“How is the squid project going?” The technician turned to him.

“Actually, our first was produced two suns ago. Would you like to come see?” Reaper nodded, and they went back down the elevator, and over to one on the walls, where a large rectangle was inset into the wall, covered with strange geometric lines. The technician pushed a series of buttons, and the rectangle split cleanly in two, and began to slide into the wall. A hissing sound was heard, and a large tank, filled with what appeared to be creepvine oil, appeared. Inside sat the result of hundreds of suns of effort. It was slightly taller than Reaper himself, and was a bright reddish - pink. Reaper stared, intently, and six, glowing magenta eyes stared back at him. He jumped. The technician noticed, and responded accordingly.

“Don’t worry. It’s comatose.”

Its claws were longer than Reaper’s, and they seemed to be filled with different liquids. One was full of what looked like dirty water, filled with tiny diamonds. The other was a bright magenta that seemed to glow and shift between colors in your peripheral vision.

“You guys did good work. How many of these do we have the resources to make?”

“About -” The technician’s answer was cut short by a system over the loudspeaker. “Would all comm units please report to the central tower. This is urgent.” The comm technician started to run towards the tower , then stopped.

“You should come with us, commander. I think I know what this is. I've been expecting it for a long time now.”
    They rode up the elevator, and saw that all the communications officers were clustered around a large rectangular panel, filled with a grid of red and yellow lights. Some were on, some were off. “This is where we keep track of all the warpers that are still operational. If the light is on, they’re alive.” Reaper followed the eyes of the technicians to a single yellow LED, marked UNIT 012. They didn’t speak. Reaper broke the silence. “Could somebody please tell me what all this is about? We’re meant to be monitoring troop movements, not standing around a board of lights like a bunch of MOTH-PEOPLE! Come on, what is it?”

“Sir,” one technician began, stammering. ”The… the noble cleanser- He’s alive.”

To be continued...

(Author's note: I wanted to try writing one in actual novel style. Let me know what you think.)
  • Rougescout1099Rougescout1099 Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222608Members
    LOOK MA!!! I'MA GONNA DO A ROLEPLAY!!!

a ship enters orbit, it's warped through time and space to get to this planet. though this is not the planet they've fought reapers beneath, where every creature wasn't as intelligent... this is different... A planet where war can spark... where a war is currently brewing...
    ...and I intend to freaking fight in this war

fitting music:
    edited February 2018
    Consul: I thought we were guarding the terraforming drills.

Skoop: Yes. The Aestus supporter must have slipped past us.

Consul: A lot of people are very angry about this. Me included.

Consul: And I'm angry with you.

Skoop: So what do I do?

Consul: Do?

Consul: we make it look like we're looking for the Aestus supporters.

Skoop: and what do we really do?

Consul: We need to visit a little group of fish who have been practically living near Aestus' home.

Consul: We should have identified them as a threat earlier.

Consul: If I can prove to them that We're better than Aestus, maybe we can settle this affair without bloodshed.

Skoop: We need to show that we can be firm.

Consul: But we need to show that we can be kind.
    edited February 2018
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    ILZ: 2:30 hours. base of the lava castle.

Commander Takashi examined the exterior of the reactor once more before heading back to base camp and inform Bite on the progress. That was when his swim was rudely interrupted by blunt force trauma to the back of the head, knocking him out cold.

"This is the one, the one that murdered Rockback." a voice hissed as he put the Biter in a sack.

"quickly, before they see us" another hissed. Two lava lizards swam down the face of the castle, their lava carapace camoflaging them from the new peacekeeping force. they reached the base of the castle and pulled up a rock off the ground, revealing a secret passage way. The two creatures crawled though the passage, carrying the sack behind them. They emerged into an opening filled with injured sea creatures. Lava lizards drank from a pool of lava located in the corner, the walls glowed with the heat of ever flowing lava and there was a literal thickness in the water. Takashi was thrown into the center of the room, he awoke because of the disturbance.

"Imperial remnant I assume?" he asked the crowd.

"We are but one part of Pater's resurrection. A part that requires you out of the way." the leader spoke out. he wore a patch over his right eye and was missing both fins on his right side, he was supported on each side by a lava lizard to keep him afloat.

"If you need me out of the way, why keep me alive?" Takashi sarcastically asked, several whispered unleashed from the crowd.

"For leverage. Obviously the Red Army would want their leader back. And with you under our claws the entire nation will be at our whim."

"I only control our occupation force. Bite has his own plans." Takashi told the leader to his surprise. the whispering stopped at the hearing of this

"Occupation force?" a lizard asked.

"The lava zone has untold riches, heart of the ancient Red Empire. Hell this room probably has more history then Pater's entire bloodline." Takashi mocked.

"How dare you mock our late leader!" the lizard leader spat.

"What it's true, what was he? the last of his species. Biter kind has existed has long as he had, we may not be as big but we still know when too fight on, something you should learn." Takashi pushed more.

"What the hell do you mean by that?" The leader furiously asked.

"Well I told you our master plan, I'm surprised you didn't catch on earlier. Now I'm going to ask one question and one question only, as soon as I entered this room you sighed you own death warrants, Bite in his paranoid state implanted all his higher ups with trackers, as soon as one of those trackers goes against current norms I.E enter a undiscovered cave in enemy territory. A special force is sent to capture them." Takashi explained, buying time for non existent rescue team.

"Your bluffing!" a soldier screamed.

"So what if I am? That would still warrant a search, they will find this place whether I die or not, that's why I'm placing my own offer. Join in our "peace keeping force", reclaim the ILZ and become your great empire once more. Or die in this hole like the dogs of war you are." Takashi spoke out. The crowd seemed confused at this. That's when the leader spoke up among the crowd.

"Can you're nation truly do this?" He asked, standing on his own now.

"We haven't won a war on our own, in these times we need as many allies as we can get." Takashi offered his anttena towards the lizard, a sign of cooperation in Biter culture. the lizard held the antenna sealing the deal.

"Perfect, spread news of this though the forces, hide, make it look like were doing a good job. Once we take the ILZ we will have our other allies sacure your independance. The tin cans will reighn over this world no longer" and with that the lone biter swam out of the the cave, to the astonished faces of the lava lizards that intended to kill him.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    “Perfect,” Takashi grinned, “spread the news of this through your forces, lay low, and make it look like we’re doing a good job. Once we take the ILZ, we will have our other allies secure your independence. The tin cans will reign over this world no longer.”

“Of course, but, if you don’t mind my asking, what will your superiors do to you for helping us? We know very well that the Biters don’t take kindly to us Underworlders.” The crippled Lizard questioned.

“Oh do you? I don’t remember many Lava Lizards in our charge in the Lava War.” Takashi replied.

Another Lava Lizard behind the leader chimed in, “Your General ripped us apart in a crazed frenzy! Wolf Fang barely escaped with his life!”

Wolf Fang growled, silencing the Lizard behind. “Yes, my friend is right. I’d quite like stay as far away from the wrath of that demon again. So, I ask again, what will happen when our correspondence is found out? Why would you help us?”

“Why would I not? The key to a great country is a great leader, and yours wants to “befriend” everyone. Pathetic. Anyone in the ILZ is better fit to lead than that clown. So, I’ll take this into my own fin.” Takashi spat.

“So, what will we do?” Another Lizard called out.

“Stay here, don’t do anything foolish. Once I gather a sufficient number of troops, we’ll return to take the leader down by force.” Takashi explained.

With that, Takashi swam out through the tunnel, squirmed out from under the rock, and retreated a few meters back.

Perfect. Just like the snakes said.” Takashi thought to himself.

Takashi lifted the rock quietly, sneaking back into the sweltering cave. Before he entered into the main opening, he heard the Lava Lizards discussing something. “ –iter comes back with his soldiers, do what he says. After we kill the Consul, we’ll have a feast fit for a Pater.”

It was undoubtedly Wolf Fang speaking. “Well, now I won’t feel bad for what’s about to happen to you Lizards now” Takashi thought.

Takashi counted to twenty, waiting until the commotion among the Lizards died down. Then, he casually swam out saying, “I apologize for the inconvenience Wolf Fang, but my men wanted to speak to you and your strongest Lizards. They wish to see who we’re allying with.”

The Lizards, surprised by Takashi’s sudden return, nearly fell over themselves in shock. One injured Lizard reflexively spat a clump of lava, burning another Lizard in front of him.
    “O-Of course. Gold Dragon, Burning Claw, Spear Mouth, you come with me. The rest of you, hold down the fort. We’ll return with plans of victory!” Wolf Fang ordered his Lizards, sending a bloodthirsty cheer through the crowd.

Takashi led the four Lizards out in the open. They swam in silence, fearing to be found out by the group of Reefbacks high above. They crept along the ground, Wolf Fang being carried in the fins of the other three Lizards. “Almost there, just a bit more you idiots…” Takashi silently chided.

Then, as they crawled through a shallow canyon, the massive shadow of the spike that killed the Pater loomed over the small group. Halfway through, Takashi stopped and whispered, “Okay, here’s where the others will meet us to discuss.”

“Where are they?” One of the Lizards quietly growled.

Takashi slowly turned, unmasking his delight. A menacing grin stretched across the small fish’s face. “What do you mean?” Takashi laughed, “You don’t see them?”
    Suddenly, the ground exploded under the Lizard that was carrying Wolf Fang’s tail. Faster than the eye could follow, the Lizard was dragged under with a yelp. “What is this?!” Wolf Fang bellowed.

“Others would call it a trap,” Takashi grinned

“But I like to call it comeuppance.”

An army of Crabsnakes came up out of the ground, and a mass of Biters came streaming from over the canyon walls. The Lizards didn’t stand a chance. Hundreds of Biters clouded the water, obscuring the carnage happening within. Takashi could clearly hear the cries of Wolf Fang saying, “YOU TRAITOR!

When the Biters cleared, only a small piece of Blood Kelp remained, floating down to the blackened rocks.

The fearsome army cried in triumph. A lone Crabsnake left the group to meet Takashi. “Well done Takashi. I assume that was their leader as discussed?” The Crabsnake said.

“Of course Kaa. General Drago’s plan worked perfectly. You’ll find the rest of the conspirators in a cave. I’ll show you to them. They don’t expect a thing.”

The army roared, charging back to the cave. Takashi swam among the giant Crabsnakes, praising himself of his acting skills as he went.

A large Crabsnake leading the charge found the secret entrance, and punched through rock with little effort. Biters and Crabsnakes alike streamed down into the cavern.
    Takashi reveled in the screams of the dying Lizards, drinking it in like blood.

He and Kaa remained outside, listening to the rebellion die under the fins. After a few minutes of silence, Kaa spoke, “I fear that this may not be the last of the Aestus supporters. The entire Underworld may even be in league with these Lizards. I will report back to General Drago. I suggest you fill General Bite in on our attack. He’ll want to evaluate our work.”

“He most definitely will. He loves to see carnage like this.” Takashi responded.

With that, Takashi quickly left the Crabsnake to clean up the leftovers, returning to the squadron of Reefbacks waiting above.

Perfect. Simply perfect. The return of the Red Empire has begun. Look out Tin Cans, you’re next.” Takashi giggled to himself.

ALZ, 16:27: Confrontation of Aestus supporters

Lava Lizard #1: You spend an awful lot of time down here, next to Aestus' former home.

Aestus supporter #1: So what if we do?

Lava Lizard #2: A terraforming drill was sabotaged yesterday.

Aestus supporter #2: You think we did it.

Lava Lizard #1: A Sea Emperor was found engraved on the rock which was thrown into the drill.

Aestus supporter #1: That's hardly substantial evidence. Someone could have framed us.

Lava Lizard #3: Exactly. This is why you've got to confess.

Aestus supporter #3: I'd like to see you dragging that confession of of us. Aestus was a better ruler than this Consul will ever be. We'd lie, cheat, and kill to keep serving the Pater for a day longer.

Lava Lizard #1: You're right. We must be shown to be worthy servants of the Consul, so we can strike for the Pater when his usurpers least expect it.

Aestus supporter #3: ...Why should you get to go free while we get executed?

Lava Lizard #3: We were afraid this might happen.

Lava Lizard #1: You will attack us savagely, and we will have no choice but to kill you in self-defense.

Lava Lizard #2: There will be no survivors.

The small Crimson Ray watching nearby decided he had seen enough. He needed to report to the Consul before lives were lost, and fast.
    Transmission outgoing:

attention all factions, a new faction will (Hopefully) be joining in this war, and we hopefully will be allies with the faction with the light guiding them. Those factions guided by the darkness… prepare for war, we will not hold back. For we are the New UNSC… and may the darkness fear our coming.

Things to Know

Troops:
    Aquatic Spartan IV’s
    Aquatic Guardians of the Traveler
    Aquatic Hellbringers
    Aquatic Marines
    Aquatic Jackrabbits
    Aquatic Cyclopses (Mech)
    Aquatic Wolverines
    Aquatic Hornets
    Aquatic Nightingales
    Aquatic Kodiaks
    Aquatic Trooper Hornets
    Aquatic Scorpions
    Aquatic Vultures
    Cyclopses (Submarine)
    Atlases
    PRAWN Suits
    Seamoths

General: Rougescout1099

Rougescout1099 Bio: After getting his Orbital Armor and Forerunner weapons, he was assigned to a new project, Project Cryo. Project Cryo was a success, and he, plus a huge company of the UNSC were taken out of cryo when the traveler was awoken. He is now a seasoned veteran, and captain of the newly formed New UNSC, Which rised from the ashes of the Old UNSC, and Has now reached a version of planet 4546B, the one where the lava war took place.
    Rougescout1099 recently got a message from @the_mariner saying he can’t enter the war just yet… despite this he sent all of his aquatic troopers down to the planets surface. He ordered them not to engage until he says so… or until they are engaged and attacked. They are currently rebuilding the G.U.N. with plasteel, a temporary substitute for the beinite that he’s currently set out to find. He knows what beinite looks like, and he knows a whole ton of it is currently on Argent Moon. He knows he’s going to need this beinite, because the vanapites already have some. And he doesn’t know if he’s going to allies or enemies with them, there's even a possibility that he may never get to participate in this war, or that he’ll be enemies with everyone but his faction… the ladder makes his blood run cold. He’s seen what the lava war has bred, it bred soldiers of war, and they scare him. The thought of argent moon also makes his blood run cold. He was stationed on argent moon once, and he saw what experiments were happening. Those experiments sickened him. But now he has to go back, back to where his life as a spartan began...
    Course Set: Argent Moon
    476fmsqt3zh0.png
    Objective: Find the beinite stash and retrieve it.
    edited February 2018
    Hi @Rougescout1099! I’ve noticed that you’ve been posting on the Aftermath thread recently, and while we certainly appreciate your enthusiasm and creativity, the roleplay is currently closed. However, we will be willing to accept new members in the future - if you have any questions, please message our moderators, @Casual_Player or @Skope, if you have any more questions. Have a pleasant day!

@Rougescout1099 its closed right now, meaning you no get to do anything until this phase is over, please stop posting.

Love phantomfinch X X X
    how the heck did you get that?

and yes I will stop posting here but if you want to see what i'm currently working on...
    To anyone who actually reads this clown fiesta we've created:

Us involved with the creation of this RP have made the decision to move our posting away from the forums. We're moving it to a blogspot. Feel free to comment on the blogspot to give us feedback, or PM one of us on the forums if you might be interested in joining.
    https://snelectioncrew.blogspot.com/
    The blog isn't totally finished, but will continue to be updated over time.
    With regards,

Subnautica Election Crew
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    To anyone who actually reads this clown fiesta we've created:

Us involved with the creation of this RP have made the decision to move our posting away from the forums. We're moving it to a blogspot. Feel free to comment on the blogspot to give us feedback, or PM one of us on the forums if you might be interested in joining.
    https://snelectioncrew.blogspot.com/
    The blog isn't totally finished, but will continue to be updated over time.
    With regards,

Subnautica Election Crew

Please, if anyone has any suggestions on how we can set up the Blogspot better, give it to us here.

We won't be abandoning this thread entirely, but we'll be using it as a "Suggestion and Feedback" area.

We really hope that this will be a good change, and we hope you enjoy the rest of "The Aftermath."

Trust me when I say, it's gonna get good real soon.
    @Foxy can you close this please, since we've moved we have no need the the fourms now exept to update the blog which I will be doing on a separate page.
    Yes, please do close it. And if you're interested in the blog, check my signature. We thank you for following the story of the Election Crew.
This discussion has been closed.