Problem with savegame loading

RenorquortekRenorquortek Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211667Members
Hello.

I try to load my saved game, but after loading is complete and I see game it is just stop responding, but I hear normal sounds of game. What I can do to continue my journey?

Here is output_log - https://pastebin.com/SA0xdKAC

Comments

• BurntcopBurntcop Florida Join Date: 2018-01-12 Member: 234984Members
    I'm having same problem since I installed new update.
  • RenorquortekRenorquortek Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211667Members
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited January 2018
    I haven't had time to try the new update yet, but I recommend you test if a new game can be saved/loaded. Also, make sure to verify integrity of your game files in steam.
  • BourrinopatheBourrinopathe Reunion island Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219671Members
    edited January 2018
    Hi,
    I have the same issue here after the latest update.
    When I try to load a previous savegame (from late december), it's loading fine then gets stuck in 1st person view. I can only close Subnautica the hard way.
    I even have the time to ear the AI audio messages ("Still suit capturing body moisture", etc.).

Game files integrity have been verified and a new game can be saved and restored.

I even tried to restore a previous savegame (same slot) using an archived version from a few days earlier (different area/location in the game) (so it was confirmed working and not corrupted), and the same issue occurs with that previous version.

Here's the output_log.txt (Pastebin)

One of the lines that looks suspicious (from the log):
    A script behaviour (script unknown or not yet loaded) has a different serialization layout when loading. (Read 44 bytes but expected 23728 bytes)
    Did you #ifdef UNITY_EDITOR a section of your serialized properties in any of your scripts?

But I don't know what to make of it or if it's even related to the issue.

0b6cf442df0d3061acd516b24af7379d.jpg
    2473457a18f0e121ec8a6f5f8f9dd7ff.jpg

That savegame is my only active game and obviously required many many hours of exploration, ressource gathering and base building, so you can imagine I'd be more than happy to recover it :wink:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • BourrinopatheBourrinopathe Reunion island Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219671Members
    @Renorquortek : I checked your output_log and I had the same power relay error messages in a previous output log including the stack overflow (not in the ones just generated with my last try, for some reason):

StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.
    at PowerRelay.GetPower () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PowerRelay.GetPowerFromInbound () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I don't know if that's related to the issue but at least I had something similar.
    @Renorquortek : I checked your output_log and I had the same power relay error messages in a previous output log including the stack overflow (not in the ones just generated with my last try, for some reason):

StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.

I don't know if that's related to the issue but at least I had something similar.

I drew attention to this, but how to fix it...
    Looks like, PowerRelays are broken with new update.
    I don't think they are. At least not completely. A friend also updated his game and his power relays and savegames are fine.
    Also: I didn't have that error message in my log last time I tried my save.
  • DronessDroness Hungary Join Date: 2018-01-13 Member: 235016Members
    Hi all!

Please be sure about that your english corrector in your head is already switched off while you reading this comment:P

I had the same issue, but the last update solved that. I have tried many thing to fix my saved game, without any result, but this most recent update contains many bug fixes. I have downloaded the update and check my saved game, now it works. I hope that you will experience the same thing.

I tried it again today and it works.