Severe FPS drop after alt-tabbing and playing the game for over 20 minutes

sweetssweets Join Date: 2017-12-27 Member: 234628Members, NS2 Community Developer
After alt-tabbing while in NS2 and then going back to the game, my fps will flat-line around 80 fps in places where I normally get 150-200. I play on low settings and typically in the worst scenario (12v12 server after 45 minutes and lots of structures) I'll drop to maybe 60-70 fps. It's painfully obvious when the bug happens and the game becomes very sluggish when compared to the normal 150-200 fps I get. This is not easy to replicate but the only solution is to close the client and restart. I use Nvidia Shadowplay only only for the fps display and strangely this disappears when the bug happens. I have confirmed this with another player who has the same problem.

This happened around patch 318 or 319 I do not recall, I have been using Shadowplay on Windows 10 with no big system changes (currently on 388.81 gpu driver).

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Hi @sweets , please run TechSupport.exe and upload the .zip for us to help diagnose this problem.
  • antouantou France Join Date: 2016-07-24 Member: 220615Members
    What happens if, after alt-tabbing to reproduce the problem, you switch to Windowed mode and then back to Fullscreen ? (Assuming you normally use Fullscreen)