Void Expansion

Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
Ok, I admit that I may have made this thread simply because I saw The Abyss for the first time last night, but a thought just sorta' nagged its way into my head: What if in certain areas off the map, there are places devoid of ghost leviathans; where bioluminescent Oarfish-like fish which may be used to locate the leviathan-free area. The Oarfish would swim up to a few hundred feet beneath the surface and just do their stationary Oarfish thing, (video of what I mean: in the water and float around like bioluminescent pillars in groups of five; each fish about three feet away from the rest. The player can then locate them floating around, (and unlike other fish in the game, these would just remain unaware of the player's presence,) and then dive down below where the rest of the map turns to crater walls. And after awhile, there will be strange bioluminescent creatures reminiscent of horrific Gulper Eels and Anglerfish which disappear just beyond the sub's lights. But if the player turns off external and internal lighting, they will find a horrifying and beautiful surprise; as the dark abyss surrounding them will be illuminated entirely with bioluminescent creatures and jellies and jellyray relatives and aquatic horrors alike. None of which would be likely hostile towards the player, (about Biter size,) but no specimens can be taken to the surface or else they disappear from the inventory, (to simulate the fact that were any of these deep sea creatures to be taken to the surface, they'd get the bends like crazy and pop like balloons.)

But anyhow, I think that a microcosm of awesome transparent bioluminescent creatures at the deepest part of the map would be awesome; so deep that the player would see it as being off the map if they weren't to dive down deeper. And perhaps the bottom of the biome would be a sort of enormous ledge on the side of the crater, where exclusive materials for crafting weather satellites or the icebreaker submersibles can be found, (see my posts on Storm Mode by SnailsAttack.) ... ooh that gave me an idea. Maybe there are even killer snails on the ledge! For the laughs! ... but seriously, though. That'd be interesting. But anyhow, I think that there's a lot which can be done with a single really, really, really deep biome which only the beefiest subs can reach and which are inhabited by bioluminescent creatures and transparent horror-film fish. Maybe there's a part of the biome where the Lost River flows off into the void.

More input and people willing to read this text are appreciated. People willing and capable of allowing this in-game would also be a nice luxury.