Laboratory vs. Replicator

Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
My thought: What if a laboratory can be built with a constructor tool after the player has collected all of the laboratory equipment scattered around the map, (or one of each component, I guess.) The player could then use this lab for crafting all of the items previously accessed through the 'Advanced Materials' section in the replicator, as well as for some other things:

What if after the player has scanned some items in the alien Containment Facility, they can use the laboratory to try to find which materials are needed in creating hatching enzymes for the Sea Emperor offspring? What if additional research can be performed to find where the necessary materials can be located, and that's where the player can then locate all of the plant-life samples which the enzymes can be extracted from; an extraction which can only be performed via laboratory. Overall, I think that there are many things which could be done with a laboratory as a 'crafting table,' and other input as to its uses would be fun to think about.

Comments

• Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    Oh, and unrelated side note, (because I don't want to make a whole new thread for a single post,) I vote for horror-film lighting at least in Kelp Forest, Jelly Shrooms, Grand Reef, empty areas, and the Arctic. Why? I'm just a 'The Abyss' kinda' guy. It adds fear to the neurochemical cocktail associated with exploratory fascination.
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    Just killed a sand shark in my game, (didn't know it was possible to kill entities besides those weird facecrab things,) and had a sudden urge to do an autopsy on it... thinking that you could place a dead creature on a science lab and cut it open to see how it ticks! Also, why are sandsharks' mouths red? wouldn't they be yellow from their blood?