I would like a complete and updated list of scannables

mapokapomapokapo Join Date: 2017-12-26 Member: 234611Members
As the title says, I would like a complete list of things that there are to scan. I'm not including fragments or such, just things that can be added to the PDA database. I'm asking for this because I'm on a quest to scan everything. I know there's a list of scannables on the Subnautica wiki (http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Scanner), but I don't think it's fully completed yet or up to date (especially the coral and fauna categories). It isn't really a necessary addition, but would be very nice.

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    I agree, this game has a lot of unmentioned scannable objects that have been slowly added throughout some of the updates, and I too would like to scan every creature and item and such. Maybe each tab could have a fraction listed next to it to tell us how many creatures we've scanned. (e.g. 3/17 or w/e)
  • mapokapomapokapo Join Date: 2017-12-26 Member: 234611Members
    I agree, this game has a lot of unmentioned scannable objects that have been slowly added throughout some of the updates, and I too would like to scan every creature and item and such. Maybe each tab could have a fraction listed next to it to tell us how many creatures we've scanned. (e.g. 3/17 or w/e)

Although having an ingame indicator for scannables would be useful, it does take away the immersion and intensity of scanning something like a Reaper Leviathan and thinking "There surely isn't anything bigger and scarier than this, right?", because after all, Subnautica is a horror game in disguise. Being uneasy and having an "unknown" feeling about everything is integral. Having a sort of debug list of all scannable (or unscannable/not implemented yet) items is what I had in mind, although you can get a PDA entry for everything in the game by typing "ency all" in the console. I have to give it to the devs though, writing that much info for everything in the game is a lot of work.