Post 1.0 Suggestion

Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
edited December 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
This would either be a free update or a DLC addon. But once we have the rocket. Why not allow us to build a base in space. Either just use the existing designs. Or get space variants for the base parts/suits. With us going back to the surface using two Neptune launch platforms. The story idea: Build up resources to pay off your final bill that Altera gives you. Like you need to gather 3000 pieces of diamond, gold etc. Breed most of the alien life for zoo's etc. To pay off a 50 million credit debt.

Comments

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    *99 quadrillion credit debt
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Also you don't need special space type of the seabases. Seabases work in space as well. No modification needed. Same goes for prawn and seamoth since they work in space as well.

Altera sucks at naming things tbh
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    So... a dlc that adds a grind to the endgame in an uninteresting, non-aquatic environment? You can count me out.
  • ResilientPanda0ResilientPanda0 Join Date: 2017-10-02 Member: 233359Members
    So... a dlc that adds a grind to the endgame in an uninteresting, non-aquatic environment? You can count me out.

I would have to agree with you SnailsAttack the whole point of Subnautica is to survive on a alien ocean planet. What is the point of going to space when it takes out all the fun of having to survive survive and you can explore space but it is empty. On the planet you can explore new areas with different biomes instead of a blank area.
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited December 2017
    It would just be a new base location. That's why I said it's just a basic addon. Unless the dev team could expand it into a full DLC pack. Like going to the Red planet. My idea is just a easy way to reuse resources. Also, you are still going back to the ocean. The exploring and gathering aspect are still on the main planet. Maybe there's a non functional orbital warning system that was offline. This is where you get to find new precursor tech, repair the warning system. Because the Gun platform honking down on the planet is not gonna reach space. Or why they left. I just thought of ideas that would use the rocket. Besides hit E to end game.
  • freshmeat107freshmeat107 Join Date: 2017-12-30 Member: 234691Members
    Hulkie2345 wrote: »
    This would either be a free update or a DLC addon. But once we have the rocket. Why not allow us to build a base in space. Either just use the existing designs. Or get space variants for the base parts/suits. With us going back to the surface using two Neptune launch platforms. The story idea: Build up resources to pay off your final bill that Altera gives you. Like you need to gather 3000 pieces of diamond, gold etc. Breed most of the alien life for zoo's etc. To pay off a 50 million credit debt.

I would be happy with just 5.1 surround sound audio support. But this ideas of yours seems to be way of key of what the game is about.