Foundation deconstruction bug

RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
edited December 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Or at the very least an oversight?

Alright let me explain. I was fiddling with the Thermal Plants I have powering my Mountains base, each sitting on a foundation platform beside the thermal vents nearby, and wanted to rotate one of them. I can't do that without deconstructing it, but then while I was doing so I misclicked and started to deconstruct the Foundation they were on instead.

Immediately, all three Thermal Plants disappeared, along with all the resources involved in their construction. The constructor tool never warned me like it does if you attempt this with corridors or other habitat modules, and I not only lost all the power plant resources but I was concerned the monsters I was raising all died too (Since I'd read that if your base loses power / is flooded they'll die in the containment units)

Thankfully I had saved a couple minutes earlier, so I didn't lose too much progress by reloading.

I submitted this through the in-game feedback tool, but felt that it was potentially serious enough to post it on the forum so other users will know about it too.

Comments

• rhys_elcinsrhys_elcins UK Join Date: 2016-01-26 Member: 212148Members
    you been able to reproduce it with corridors or habitat rooms on the foundation?
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited December 2017
    you been able to reproduce it with corridors or habitat rooms on the foundation?

Just tested this with some other items.

Any base compartments (Corridors, MP Rooms, etc) - Warns you and disallows deconstruction

Any exterior modules (Solar Panels, Thermal Plants, Exterior Growbeds...) without a base compartment present too will not provide a warning, and deletes all items immediately with no refund. What's worse is that if a growbed was on the foundation it'll delete it along with any plants growing on it.

• sneaky_zombiesneaky_zombie Join Date: 2018-02-22 Member: 238122Members
    This still occurs, it would be awesome if we could have an opportunity to get our materials back at the very least.