[bug] Indirect Freeze - can't get out of scanner room camera

XpyderXpyder Join Date: 2016-08-22 Member: 221593Members
When a stalker moves a scanner room camera, sometimes the scanner room loses the ability to connect to it, even though the camera has taken no damage

Sometimes when this happens, if you try to connect to that camera and it's the last camera out, you will end up in a black screen where it's trying to connect to the camera, but Esc doesn't exit or open menu and you can't flip to another camera (because none are available), and there's no way to get out of it. Might be fixable by giving the scanner room a stationary camera attached to it that can't be removed.

Possibly related: sometimes when a stalker grabs a camera it will disappear, then a few minutes later will respawn near your lifepod along with a piece of scrap

Comments

• baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Please indicate whether you are using the Stable or Experimental build, and if the latter, the version# found at the top right of the screen. Thank you.
  • AlexvrbAlexvrb Join Date: 2004-05-03 Member: 28405Members
    I've also experienced this "freeze". I lost more hours of progress than I'd care to admit... I'm probably just not going to play again until the next patch. I'm starting to wish there was an autosave (separate from your manual saves) that occurs in specific circumstances, like you haven't autosaved for 10 minutes, and you enter an area with O2.

Anyway, yeah, stuck... game won't respond to ANY input. Had to terminate it. Running latest December stable build 57637. I took a screenshot, but there was no way to pull up the bug report menu while stuck and I don't see an obvious way to upload it here.
  • BelgarelBelgarel Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231570Members, Subnautica Developer
    I believe it's fixed in experimental.
  • AlexvrbAlexvrb Join Date: 2004-05-03 Member: 28405Members
    Belgarel wrote: »
    I believe it's fixed in experimental.

Good, when it gets pushed to stable I'll give it a go.