Should the DEV's add more objects and furniture to our bases

ResilientPanda0ResilientPanda0 Join Date: 2017-10-02 Member: 233359Members
edited November 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions

Comments

• CrimsonAcerCrimsonAcer Wisconsin Join Date: 2015-08-04 Member: 206766Members
    It depends on really what we want added and what would make sense. I personally think that the top of multipurpose rooms should be allowed to have glass placed on them to make a big dome, but then again, that would be a slight adjustment

So do you mean just decorative furniture, or something with function like the vending machines?
  • SERGIUSERGIU Romania Join Date: 2017-11-19 Member: 234041Members
    edited November 2017
    Maybe yes, maybe no... Depends on developers. :)
  • nexoboomnexoboom Lara Join Date: 2017-11-11 Member: 233934Members
    um hell yeah for more furniture
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    All for it personally. There's still some clutter lying around in wrecks and stuff I wish I could stick in or around my base.

Fun little note, but when I first got the Xbox One version of the game and booted it up in Creative Mode... I saw a lot of entries in my Blueprints for things we do not have. Storage crates, the monitors that say "No Signal", and a lot more. Whether those were supposed to be there or not, it made me really wish we could have a lot more of those things lying around even if only for decoration.

Sure we're shipwreck survivors and all alone, but sometimes I like playing the game in a way where I imagine different - if Keen and a few others survived with us, or if we've returned to the planet for research/exploration purposes, and so on. So building/decorating my bases to reflect that or positioning them in the world with that in mind... It'd be nice to expand our possibilities in the matter, even if they don't really do much to help us with the goal of getting off the planet :)
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited December 2017
    And the ability to place down things like ion crystal, tablets and tools down on tables

Without commands
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    It's unlikely to happen before release, but I would still like for it to happen.
  • NtheOtakuNtheOtaku United States Join Date: 2017-11-07 Member: 233875Members
    I think having some kind of a "Meditation Room" would be a good addition.
    The idea I came up with was something like the Observatory, but with no windows, completely white walls, ceilings and floors, and the ability to only build small interior growbeds inside.
    It would be a place of zen inside the seabase for the survivor to go to find peace from within. It would be free from the panic caused by being chased by reapers, the stresses of constantly having to find resources, and the crushing realization that you are alone on a foreign planet.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2017
    Maybe, but first let them fix the damn spinning chair that that does NOT spin, it's like some cruel joke dammit!
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited December 2017
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Maybe, but first let them fix the damn spinning chair that that does NOT spin, it's like some cruel joke dammit!

More interactive decor would be fantastic.

What if they had a lil computer or something you could craft that played little minigames on it when you booted it up? Like minesweeper or tetris or guiding a little Peeper through little levels while collecting... Something a Peeper would collect I guess. Start in the Safe Shallows level, then through the Kelp Forest dodging Stalkers, and so on until you reach the final stage! It could be called Hero Peeper or something.

Maybe you can find new "games" to install on the thing in wrecks and stuff.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Rezca wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »

More interactive decor would be fantastic.

What if they had a lil computer or something you could craft that played little minigames on it when you booted it up? Like minesweeper or tetris or guiding a little Peeper through little levels while collecting... Something a Peeper would collect I guess. Start in the Safe Shallows level, then through the Kelp Forest dodging Stalkers, and so on until you reach the final stage! It could be called Hero Peeper or something.

Maybe you can find new "games" to install on the thing in wrecks and stuff.

I vote for Super Turbo Peeper Puncher 3
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    I would like craftable fishing poles and to be able to fish peepers and the like. It could have a minigame attached to it like so many others and be an alternative source of food/water.
    Just imagine chilling on top of your lifepod, drinking marblemelon wine and fishing.
    edited December 2017
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    I would like craftable fishing poles and to be able to fish peepers and the like. It could have a minigame attached to it like so many others and be an alternative source of food/water.
    Just imagine chilling on top of your lifepod, drinking marblemelon wine and fishing.

I've been beating this drum for over 2 years now, I like your brains!

• zimmymzimmym Australia Join Date: 2016-12-18 Member: 225102Members
    In a hostile alien environment, who wouldn't want a place to call "home?"
  • CäptnShimanoCäptnShimano Düsseldorf, Germany Join Date: 2017-04-15 Member: 229655Members
    I always wondered why there's a locker room onboard the Aurora, but no showers - the living quarters also don't have any toilets nor sinks. Does the stillsuit include a diaper...? ;)

Alternatively I propose:
  • JckingJcking Join Date: 2017-01-27 Member: 227344Members
    There's a bunch of stuff on the Degasi bases and Aurora wrecks that we don't have access to (e.g. boxes, monitors, circuit boxes, wall mounted screens, desks w/out screens), and would be really great to have in our bases (plus with the model done all that would be needed would be a recipe, icon, and construction animation).
  • Claire_CosmiqueClaire_Cosmique France Join Date: 2016-06-10 Member: 218361Members
    I dream of a bathroom with decontamination shower.