More Subnautica creatures as anime girls

kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
yeah... Enough said.

From left to right: Peeper, Reaper Leviathan, Sea Emperor / Empress Leviathan, Bladderfish
eiitvyeh79o6.jpg

EDIT: I kinda want that peeper beret the peeper girl has.

Comments

• DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited November 2017
    Why does the Bladderfish Lady have a Birthday Cake on her head?

< snicker >
    B)
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    edited November 2017
    Like this?
    hgic4yyfwdjh.jpg

< chuckle >
    ;)
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    edited November 2017
    I made a few more:

From left to right: Crashfish, Reginald, Boneshark
    wl1tlysw0a8p.jpg

The crashfish was partly inspired this drawing, which is MUCH better than mine:

• londonsmartlondonsmart anderson south carolina Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230782Members
    i love your webcmic i check every week and always enjoy it you are a true artist
    B)
    i love your webcmic i check every week and always enjoy it you are a true artist
    B)

Thank you!
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    B)

‘Nuff said B)
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Was a little surprised phantom didn't make this thread eons ago, lol. Nice work!
    Ralij wrote: »
    Was a little surprised phantom didn't make this thread eons ago, lol. Nice work!
    Thanks! More coming soon
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Ralij wrote: »

Keep insults to the discord.
    I have an image I'd like to keep.
  • AkuMasterofMastersAkuMasterofMasters Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232934Members
    These aren't bad, nice work
  • dasCKDdasCKD Join Date: 2017-11-14 Member: 233978Members
    Sounds like fun, I'll draw something up once I get home.
    dasCKD wrote: »
    Here we are. Took a while. but here's a picture of a warper at the enforcement platform.
    Warper_hunt.png

Reminds me how I can’t draw...

Sorry... it looks great :)
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Here we are. Took a while. but here's a picture of a warper at the enforcement platform.
    Warper_hunt.png

Wow you are talented, love to see any more art you made.
  • supertiger2340supertiger2340 Eugene OR USA Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231956Members
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    Much obliged :)
    I have a Pixiv account if you have one.

Kancolle?
    Good choice in wifu material.

(I’m just gonna stop there cause I don’t want to transform another thread into anime and WW2 era weaponry)

Kancolle?
    Good choice in wifu material.

(I’m just gonna stop there cause I don’t want to transform another thread into anime and WW2 era weaponry)

PTSD intensifies
    edited November 2017
    Warper_hunt.png
    What kind of software do you use for this? Did you use a pen / tablet, or did you draw it on paper first?
    kingkuma wrote: »
    What kind of software do you use for this? Did you use a pen / tablet, or did you draw it on paper first?
    I used clip studios paint and a tablet. I generally draft directly into the computer, that way I can just transpose the trace into a new document and begin tracing over it immediately instead of having to try to duplicate it or scan it, the latter because it's annoying and because scanners have incredibly strange white balance default settings.

I made a second one, with the hunt for laser cutter parts in preparation to board the Aurora early game. I wasn't as happy with this one as the first one, but the issue I take with it would take too long to correct.
    Plains_Skirmish.jpg
    I used clip studios paint and a tablet. I generally draft directly into the computer, that way I can just transpose the trace into a new document and begin tracing over it immediately instead of having to try to duplicate it or scan it, the latter because it's annoying and because scanners have incredibly strange white balance default settings.

I made a second one, with the hunt for laser cutter parts in preparation to board the Aurora early game. I wasn't as happy with this one as the first one, but the issue I take with it would take too long to correct.
    Plains_Skirmish.jpg

Hey, another person that uses clip studio! I'm trying to learn how to use a tablet, any suggestions?

Plains_Skirmish.jpg

Out of curiosity how long does it take to make these?
    Hey, another person that uses clip studio! I'm trying to learn how to use a tablet, any suggestions?

Try out the tablet at the store first if you can. It's really quite important that you get a feel of what you're getting in to before you start drawing. Using a tablet to draw is very different from using a pen and paper to draw. The tablet is far harder to control, it's much more like drawing on a whiteboard due to how the pen tips are made. It's probably best to start with a digitizer tablets. Integrated screen tablet hardware might make it so that you have to relearn less, but depending on the company you shop from it could set you back +2000 euros (or dollars in your case, the conversion is about 1:1 IIRC). You can get a smaller digitizer tablet anywhere from 40-80 first hand. It does mean that you have to learn and practice hand to eye coordination, but it's worth it IMO. I've worked with screen integrated drawing tablets before (Wacom Companion, the University had them on sale) but I still gravitate towards digitizer tablets. They're usually lighter, cheaper, and they let me work faster. One of the advantages of working on a computer is how quickly you can toggle brushes, which is best done with a keyboard. They are also operations that are best done with a mouse instead of a tablet pen, which is why I think that digitizer tablets are the better option once you get used to them.
    Out of curiosity how long does it take to make these?

This one took about 5-6 hours. Would have taken less time, but I stupidly insisted on drawing and lighting the grass.

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2017
    There is a way to transition between paper and tablet, you can tape a piece of paper on your tablet to have that paper feel to your lines and the pen tends to come with felt and soft tips to simulate that as well. And perhaps once you get used to it, you can take it off to be able to draw a bit smoother. You can also draw on paper and tape that sketch onto your tablet and trace it using the tablet. I've seen people do that as well, but you'd learn a bit slower to take the next step into screen watching, while drawing on tablet. What these things are designed for, but I'm not one to dictate the workflow of people.

But in the end it's all about practice-practice-practice, initially it feels strange drawing on your screen, while no looking at you pencil :D Also I've got a Wacom Intuos 4 L, which was a step-up from a Trust tablet as it was a lot more sensitive to pressure and stuff. But as dasCKD said, you really don't need that bit more expensive stuff to start out. The points about keyboard+mouse to select brushes and use keyboard shortcuts also makes me gravitate towards tablets instead of tablet screens, although they are VERY cool :tongue: