Add new leviathan class creature.

ResilientPanda0ResilientPanda0 Join Date: 2017-10-02 Member: 233359Members
edited November 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
The new Leviathan class creature will be called lava reaper.
Location: It will spawn in the lava Biome and will guard the research facility
Characteristics: has a body like the Sea Dragon and a mouth that opens up into 4 sections that will be used to trap you and get 5 minutes to find a way to escape or you will die. It will have tentacles with sharp spikes at the end and 1 hole on each side that will release lava lizards from it every 10 minutes.
Death: If you kill the lava reaper it will collapse to the floor and disintegrate and when it disintegrates a cyclops will be split in half and each half will be 30 meters apart.
Destroyed cyclops: Will have 2 blueprints that will have a better Oxygen tank that will add 400 oxygen + the amount of oxygen you start out with. The new oxygen tank will take 2 platinum ingot, 5 silver, 3 gold, and 2 lithium. The second blueprint will be a auto rifle that has perfect precision underwater and it will take 3 platinum ingot, 10 cave sulfur, 2 enameled glass, and 1 titanium ingot. The ammo will be made of 2 cave sulfur, and 3 titanium. It will also have 3 modules which will be have a upgraded shield for your cyclops, a Mk4 depth for any vehicle, and a lethal torpedo blueprint for your sea-moth.
Put down your comments about what else should be added to this new leviathan class creature!

Comments

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited November 2017
    *sees title* this sounds cool. *Reads* this is very cool ide- *sees the word rifle and lethal*

RRRRAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE
  • Xenodrone98Xenodrone98 U.S Join Date: 2016-08-26 Member: 221726Members
    edited November 2017
    So essentially you want a boss fight, an oxygen tank which makes the game easier, and a rifle
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited November 2017
    Annnyyyywwaaaays. No lethal Weapons bye. Also the gas torpedo that is in game is technically lethal but sucks since it is impossible to aim

(and then one day later after making this message devs made them lock on)
  • NekoPafuNekoPafu Join Date: 2017-11-08 Member: 233895Members
    "guys lets make a new leviathan that takes 5 minutes to kill you and you also get a lethal weapon to defend yourself"

And how did the cyclops even get there? That's another question of mine, if it was of the degasi crew I can say I'm safe in assuming I will find a fourth base inside the leviathan's stomach. The idea of a newleviathan is interesting, but it doesn't fit into the game, or have a use. The reaper is for making exploration of the mountains, dunes, and the entrance by the aurora difficult. Seadragon makes navigation through the ILZ and ALZ challenging, considering it's near the end of the game to an extent. The ghost leviathan is to add danger to the grand reef and a bit more to the blood kelp zone, aswell as the lost river since that's where the concept art originally depicted it.
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    the sea dragon leviathan except it's another lava zone recolor that vores you?

also i have no idea what in the everloving fuck you're going on about with the destroyed cyclops and new blueprints and whatever
  • AlterraJanitorAlterraJanitor Join Date: 2017-11-02 Member: 233827Members
    edited November 2017
    Personally I agree that it would definitely make the game more interesting if there were new and stranger leviathans to be found, but the whole rifle thing would be absolutely game breaking. I'm not even against lethal weapons being in the game because I'm some kind of hardcore pacifist, it's just straight up game breaking. Specifically for the type of experience that Subnautica was meant to be. In this game you are supposed to feel like prey, like you are alone and vulnerable on an alien planet that is entirely populated by creatures that only a fool would attempt to aggravate. If you could craft lethal weapons you wouldn't know your place on the bottom of the food chain anymore, which would completely ruin the experience since you would fear nothing and have less respect for your surroundings and the local fauna. The tension and urgency of the game would be completely lost on the player if they felt they had an ultimate advantage over everything. I don't speak for the devs but I'm pretty sure that leviathans were meant to be feared and coming into close contact with them was supposed to be something the player would strive to avoid in all situations. The name leviathan itself even implies something of such great size that you are hopeless to defeat it. Furthermore, the player is an employee of a corporation that banned their employees from having any weapons that don't also serve a purpose as tools for productivity (the survival knife) and so not only would the player not be inclined to use weapons but they wouldn't be able to craft them using a fabricator or a habitat builder since both are owned by Alterra. Imagine crafting something as advanced as a fabricator without the use of a habitat builder; it would be nearly impossible and entirely unproductive. In any case, when you have access to lethal weaponry that can be used to quickly dispose of anything in your path you tend to have less respect for those things you point your weapon at and a huge part of playing Subnautica (at least for me) is feeling like an actual survivor with a combination of fear and great respect for the alien world I have been tossed into. Not to mention that since the player is an employee of a terraforming corporation (which is primarily what Alterra is), destroying the entire ecosystem of a potential business objective for the company he works for by killing the already limited population would be against his best interests and those of Alterra.
  • zimmymzimmym Australia Join Date: 2016-12-18 Member: 225102Members
    This just completely misses the entire theme of the game...
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited November 2017
    In this game you are supposed to feel like prey, like you are alone and vulnerable on an alien planet that is entirely populated by creatures that only a fool would attempt to aggravate. If you could craft lethal weapons you wouldn't know your place on the bottom of the food chain anymore, which would completely ruin the experience since you would fear nothing and have less respect for your surroundings and the local fauna. The tension and urgency of the game would be completely lost on the player if they felt they had an ultimate advantage over everything. I don't speak for the devs but I'm pretty sure that leviathans were meant to be feared and coming into close contact with them was supposed to be something the player would strive to avoid in all situations.

I would argue this. I already fear nothing. Once you understand the game manics, everything starts feeling dumb. Also save and reload makes us invincible. So the scare factor changes into annoying factor. While Leviathan's are there to scare and hamper you. It also causes a problem. I can just avoid the surface ones the entire game. Almost nothing of value is near their patrol area. Bar one wreck and the Mobile Vehicle bay parts. Most of the time they are just a scary wall that you avoid. The ghost and king ones are more of the threat since you have to encounter them at all entrances to LR and ILZ. But they too are just annoying. They don't really feel scary, to me at least. I get more pissed when a King kills me, because it can't stop passing through walls and instagibing.

Since the game is passive. All the "weapons" like the torpedoes are just resource wastes. I never use them and never build them. Because they're don't do anything. I stick to the shield and move on. When I'm actually scared in a game. It's when I know I have weapons that can kill, but are limited. Or I'm attacked by multiple targets. When scary music plays. Or when I see a Ghost. I'm actually like: Cool I want to look at you. I even do experiments on how many hits the basic cyclops power cells and shield can take. Till I'm out of power. I'm not even complaining. I don't want the game changed. It's just for the acts of being scary. I don't get that in this game.
    As I have said, the idea of a new leviathan is cool. But it doesn't fit into the current game. We already have leviathans where we need them to be to have a balance. A new leviathan would be pointless, but would work for post v1.0 expansion ideas.