Great Gorge Forts

NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,467 Advanced user
Show the best gorge forts you see in game. Please put pictures insider spoiler tags for people on mobile.

A starting picture:
8Rl11hm.jpg
When you aim for perfect balance, you discover it's a moving target.
Perfect balance is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellent gameplay.
NS2 is a moving, breathing thing. We have to be willing to constantly evolve. Perfect balance is constant transformation.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,259 Advanced user
    Does this one still count :D
    8529630652_dcdc703dda_o.jpg

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" AdminModerator

Existence Unknown

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly
    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue
    102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting | Play the Latest Version of Booster Z-Frame
    YouTube NS2 Playlists: Unusual Selection | NS2 Stuff | NS2PT | NS2 Tuts

Frozencoolitic.trixX.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver Posts: 3,367 Advanced user
    Kouji_San wrote: »

No. Because it's lacking a gorge stripper, I'm afraid I can only rate this one Pretty Good on a scale from Terrible to Great.
    formerly known as F0rdPrefect

Check out my new Balance Mod
    coolitic
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,259 Advanced user
    Vetinari wrote: »

No. Because it's lacking a gorge stripper, I'm afraid I can only rate this one Pretty Good on a scale from Terrible to Great.

Well, quit slacking and show your Gorge fort :D

Surely you lot know your Gorge fortresses, where are all the sceenshots you boobs. Why is this thread already dead, wtf yo o/

Existence Unknown

Nordic
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,537 Advanced user
    edited November 2017
    The best gorge forts are NO GORGE FORTS.

And the only good gorge is a DEAD GORGE!

2017: keepin' the hate alive
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Natural Selection 2. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of military strategy and advanced mathematics you won't even win a single game. Theres also the game's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the game. The maps and artwork draw heavily from Riddley Scott's Alien franchise, for instance. The players understand this stuff, they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of the game, to realise that it's not just great, that it also says something about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Natural Selection 2 truly ARE idiots. of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Marines' existential catchphrase "how do I get to be so good", which itself is a cryptic reference to the high degree of intelligence required to play the game as intended. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion when spectating a game. What fools... how I pity them. And, yes, by the way, i DO have a Fade tatoo. And no, you cannot see it. it's for the ladies' eyes only, and even then they have to demonstrate that they are within 50 hive skill points of my own (preferable lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,467 Advanced user
    Here is one of my own.
    4N8g33c.jpg
    Perfect balance is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellent gameplay.
    NS2 is a moving, breathing thing. We have to be willing to constantly evolve. Perfect balance is constant transformation.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,467 Advanced user
    edited November 2017
    An artistic yet functional fort I found last night.
    cq8Qjg8.jpg
    VetinariBingoWingsKouji_San
    edited December 2017
    An excellent gorge fort that blocks the marines but still lets an onos run up the ramp to get back to base.
    g0DfnFg.jpg
    edited December 2017
    Nordic wrote: »
    cq8Qjg8.jpg

That's a dick move bro!

And your latest post is quite undefined.jpg

Existence Unknown

Nordic wrote: »
    cq8Qjg8.jpg

That's a dick move bro!

And your latest post is quite undefined.jpg

It may be a dick move, but it certainly provides a nice line of site block.
    Handschuh