Input lag

N@uralBornNoobistN@uralBornNoobist Gorge-N-Freeman,2Gorges1Clog Join Date: 2012-12-24 Member: 176138Members
1 time and 1 time only i had an experience like no other where i had a fully wired mouse connection experience. springy and responsive.

im using a brand new mouse so that cant be the issue.

any1 else notice this?

Comments

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2017
    Turn off Vsync and Ambient Occlusion, those increase mouse input delays.

If you have higher than 60hz monitor, make sure you actually have the higher freq. selected as that also makes a huge difference in NS2.
  • N@uralBornNoobistN@uralBornNoobist Gorge-N-Freeman,2Gorges1Clog Join Date: 2012-12-24 Member: 176138Members
    edited November 2017
    its a problem with the game...hopefully sum1 can find a fix within the next patch or something? il be praying quietly in my cave.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2017
    its a problem with the game...hopefully sum1 can find a fix within the next patch or something? il be praying quietly in my cave.

Hi,

I'm aware there are issues related to how responsive the game feels at certain system. However your issue could be unrelated to the already known ones. Hence I would like to ask you to follow the instructions at https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/131384/how-to-make-a-good-tech-support-post-read-me-first and create a tech support post for your issue.

Additionally it would be great if you could provide us with a performance log:
    Type "p_logall" without quotes in the console (~ key or whatever is above tab and next to 1) whenever you want to begin recording in game. Please wait until you at least have spawned before using the command. To end the performance logging you can either use p_endlog in the console or just wait for the round to end.

Afterwards navigate to your appdata/home config folder ( e.g at windows %appdata%/natural selection 2/)
    You should now see a new profile log called < timestamp >.plog .
    Please zip/compress it and attach it to your tech support post.

This will give us a frame by frame analysis of what is going on, so try to pick a time when you can best reproduce your lowest performance.
    Please don't record for shorter than 5 minutes.

Edit: Also in case your mouse comes with a software solution make sure it doesn't enable some kind of DX overlay for NS2. E.g. The razer's synapsis software is known to cause heavy performance issue with it's overlay enabled.