[MOD] suspensions railway's Modding Emporium

suspensionrailwaysuspensionrailway the best country Join Date: 2017-11-01 Member: 233804Members
Welcome to my mod emporium!
This post serves as a catalog for all the mods I have made and how to install them!
Follow the instructions below to find out how to install my mods
Please report any bugs in the comments below

IMPORTANT NOTE: These mods were made for the latest stable update! If they do not work, update to the latest stable!

ModLoader
This modloader serves as the basis for all my mods and is completely necessary for all of them
Installation Instructions:
  1. Download the latest version of the modloader
  2. Extract the contents of the downloaded zip file into the main Subnautica directory
  3. Run the provided patch.bat or goto Subnautica_Data/Managed and run ModInstaller.exe
DOWNLOAD: Click Here!
SOURCE: Click Here
NOTE: After a game update, repeat step 3 of the installation. If the game does not launch correctly after this, please see the troubleshooting section

More Eggs
This mod adds Eggs for creatures that are missing them and a command that let's you spawn any creature into an alien containment
The command is used as follows: waterparkspawn [creature spawn code/id] [amount]
When this command is used inside an alien containment, it will spawn baby versions of whatever creature you want (this includes reapers and ghost leviathans. Go wild)
Current Eggs:
  • Ghost Ray
  • Crimson Ray
Planned Eggs
  • Reaper Leviathan
  • Ghost Leviathan
  • River Prowler
  • Warper
Ghost Ray eggs can be found in the Brine Lakes around the Cove Tree in the Lost River or spawned with the code GhostRayBlueEgg. It currently has a placeholder model and looks like a Cyan Capsule.
Crimson Ray eggs can be found in the inactive lava zone chamber or spawned with the code GhostRayRedEgg and look like red capsules
  1. Install the latest version of the ModLoader
  2. Download the latest version of the mod
  3. Extract the contents of the downloaded zip file into the Mods folder in the main Subnautica Directory
  4. Enjoy!

NOTE: If the game does not launch correctly, please see the troubleshooting section

Shock Therapy
This mod adds an electric shock device with the ability to pacify hostile creatures with "harmless" periodic electric shocks
Simply equip the Shock Device and right click on the creature you'd like to place it on or hit it with a propulsion cannon. The pacification effect is permanent for creatures smaller than a leviathan, and up to 3 minutes for leviathan sized creatures. The spawn code is ShockCollar
TODO:
  • Proper item model
  • Shock Device sticking to the creature when placed on it
  • Sticking on the Shock Device with a propulsion cannon
  3. Extract the contents of the downloaded zip file into the Mods folder in the main Subnautica Directory
  4. Enjoy!

NOTE: If the game does not launch correctly, please see the troubleshooting section

Decay Timer
This mod adds a simple timer to the tooltip of all food that decomposes. It tells you how long until that food becomes useless, or when it's food value hits zero due to decomposition.
  4. Enjoy!

Seamoth Warper Upgrade
This mod adds an upgrade for the seamoth that allows you to blink up to 30 meters forward.
The upgrades spawn code is WarperUpgrade
  4. Enjoy!

And many more mods to come!

TROUBLESHOOTING:
  • When I try to use them in-game, the mods don't work/load!
    This most likely means that you didn't install the modloader or the mods correctly, or the game has updated. Please double check that you followed the installation instructions for the modloader and the mods, or make sure you follow the procedure for a game update.
  • When I open the game, I get stuck at empty screen with the Subnautica Logo in the background
    This most likely means that the modloader failed at patching the game. This could either be because of some catastrophic failure, or the game updated and broke one or more mods. Make sure that all the mods you're using are at their latest version. If they are, feel free to leave a comment about it. MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE YOUR OUTPUT_LOG.TXT This log file is located in Subnautica_Data

Feel free to leave any bugs, feedback, or mod suggestions in the comments. I can be reached on the official Subnautica Discord under the name mountain cableway#4467

Comments

• kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Quick question: Why would the warpers have eggs? They're robotic. I'd love to do some egg modeliing, though.
  • suspensionrailwaysuspensionrailway the best country Join Date: 2017-11-01 Member: 233804Members
    kingkuma wrote: »
    Quick question: Why would the warpers have eggs? They're robotic. I'd love to do some egg modeliing, though.

Because having little mini warpers swimming in your tank would be fun! Also, I would love some help with egg modelling! Contact me on discord
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited November 2017
    @nesrak1 @Sunrunner @NepsterCZ

Oh look, another modder dude, you guys should all hang out and stuff if you don't already.
    So I can reap the benefits of wondrous new technology! /Civ2

@suspensionrailway There's a Subnautica modding Discord channel link around somewhere, if you haven't already found it.

EDIT: Found it:
    Recently, the subnautica modding community has increased in size, and with the advent of a multiplayer mod on the horizon, a subnautica modding discord was created for modders and non modders to converse. Modders and non modders are welcome. Come by to learn a few things or just suggest ideas. https://discord.gg/9MfKs2s

• nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    There's a Subnautica modding Discord channel link around somewhere, if you haven't already found it.
    Railways already in the discord, even in the post:
    5psfzvefm1ae.png

Derp. "You've been invited to join Subnautica Modding by suspension railway"
    nervous.gif
    Ignore me please while I go drown myself in shame. warpsmile.gif

Sorry @suspensionrailway !
    To be fair, I'm at work and don't really do too much on the modding Discord unless someone pings me.
  • AmadeoneAmadeone YES Join Date: 2017-05-02 Member: 230194Members
    I would love to make models for the Shock Therapy. <3
  • AcituanbusAcituanbus Germany Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218640Members
  • suspensionrailwaysuspensionrailway the best country Join Date: 2017-11-01 Member: 233804Members
    edited November 2017
    Heh, there was a little bit of an embarrassing glitch in the mod loader that prevented it from working correctly on certain computers. For those who it affected, I've uploaded a fix, just redownload the mod loader and redo the installation instructions while making sure to overwrite any existing files. Thanks to Acituanbus for catching this. If it still doesn't work, please please please leave a comment with the error.
  • Sky_The_FoxSky_The_Fox Join Date: 2017-09-15 Member: 233065Members
    @suspensionrailway
    Can you make a seamoth depth upgrade mk4 allowing it to enter the Lava zone(s)?
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Well how about that, we were just talking about modding to solve the fun dialogue being cut/replaced by less-fun rewrites xD

Modding community huh? Here's hoping that kicks off and the game gets official support for it some day ^^
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    Would it be possible to make a mod that changes the density of the fog of certain biomes and how far in front of you you can see?
  • nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    edited November 2017
    I attempted this a long time ago:
    I lost the mod and forgot how to recreate the black fog and denseness. It's possible though. Also being able to modify the shaders would open up a lot more however extracting them doesn't really work atm.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Morph_Guy wrote: »
    Would it be possible to make a mod that changes the density of the fog of certain biomes and how far in front of you you can see?

There's a command for that: farplane <integer>
    That doesn't change water murkiness, just how far things show up. If you set it to something really small there will just be a cylinder of objects or water around you followed by an endless gray abyss.
    That doesn't change water murkiness, just how far things show up. If you set it to something really small there will just be a cylinder of objects or water around you followed by an endless gray abyss.

then there's: fog
    edited November 2017
    For some reason I can't edit the existing post, so I need to post this as a comment, but I have released a new mod! It's a decomposition timer that tells you how long till your food becomes useless. Download it here
    The installation instructions are the same as any other of my mods.
    Enjoy!
    kingkuma wrote: »

then there's: fog

That command just toggles fog on and off. You can't change how far away you can see with it on.
    For some reason I can't edit the existing post, so I need to post this as a comment, but I have released a new mod! It's a decomposition timer that tells you how long till your food becomes useless. Download it here
    Enjoy!

30 days since account creation + 15 posts is required before you can edit posts. It's an anti-spam measure.
    Enjoy!

30 days since account creation + 15 posts is required before you can edit posts. It's an anti-spam measure.

well then, in 30 days and 15 posts, I'll put all the mods in the main post! In the meantime, I'll announce new mods and updates in the comments, so stay tuned and follow this thread or whatever.
    Sorry for the long absence, real life stuff getting in the way of what's actually important. Maintaining these mods! An update broke the mod loader, but that is now fixed! Reinstall and enjoy! Please leave any bugs or suggestions for new mods in the comments.
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    Sorry for the long absence, real life stuff getting in the way of what's actually important. Maintaining these mods! An update broke the mod loader, but that is now fixed! Reinstall and enjoy! Please leave any bugs or suggestions for new mods in the comments.
    Five more posts and two days until OP editing!
    Jarin wrote: »

Oh boy I can't wait!

Oh boy I can't wait!

@suspensionrailway Hey, when did you first play Subnautica? Was it in the beginning, after the Habitat Update, etc? There's a quick preview of what each update included here if that helps.

Oh boy I can't wait!

@suspensionrailway Hey, when did you first play Subnautica? Was it in the beginning, after the Habitat Update, etc? There's a quick preview of what each update included here if that helps.

It was definitely before the habitat update, but I don't know exactly when I started.
  • Xenodrone98Xenodrone98 U.S Join Date: 2016-08-26 Member: 221726Members
  • Warden_EternalWarden_Eternal Land O' Lakes, Florida Join Date: 2017-09-19 Member: 233150Members
    Neat: adj.
    1) To be tidy, clean
    2) Of great interest or congeniality to one.
    edited November 2017

Oh boy I can't wait!

It was definitely before the habitat update, but I don't know exactly when I started.

Was just shortly after Floodlights were added for me. I had it wishlisted just around/before the H20 update. Had plenty of time to get acquainted with some now-removed terrain features (Used to love building a base on the rim of the former Dunes-ILZ sinkhole, calling it either a research base or a 'refueling hub' for the cyclops before embarking on its subterranean adventures)

On an actually relevant topic, what are the limits to what you can do with modding here, in the game's current state? What sort of things would you deem impossible or at the very least "Possibly not worth the hassle"?
  • Xenodrone98Xenodrone98 U.S Join Date: 2016-08-26 Member: 221726Members
    Neat: adj.
    1) To be tidy, clean
    2) Of great interest or congeniality to one.

You win 10 Microsoft points
    edited November 2017
    Rezca wrote: »

Oh boy I can't wait!

Was just shortly after Floodlights were added for me. I had it wishlisted just around/before the H20 update. Had plenty of time to get acquainted with some now-removed terrain features (Used to love building a base on the rim of the former Dunes-ILZ sinkhole, calling it either a research base or a 'refueling hub' for the cyclops before embarking on its subterranean adventures)

On an actually relevant topic, what are the limits to what you can do with modding here, in the game's current state? What sort of things would you deem impossible or at the very least "Possibly not worth the hassle"?

@Rezca Pretty much anything is possible with enough workarounds. If something isn't possible, I'll make it possible, even if I have to rip out this games raw guts and rearrange them, with generous duct taping. So sky's the limit I guess.
    Rezca wrote: »

Oh boy I can't wait!

@Rezca Pretty much anything is possible with enough workarounds. If something isn't possible, I'll make it possible, even if I have to rip out this games raw guts and rearrange them, with generous duct taping. So sky's the limit I guess.

Will just assume *terrain stuff is one of those things that'd be on the more difficult side; but "Almost anything's possible" has some definite proof in the form of the group that's working on trying to get a co-op feature implemented into the game!

*Totally am not bringing this up because I want the old ILZ Corridors back ;>_>
    A year or two after 1.0's been out, I'd so love to see a Map Editor tool, not just for things like that but because I know what the creative community here could do if they got their hands on such a thing. Just think about it~