[BUG/EXPLOIT] Infinite Gel Sacs

KurasuKurasu Join Date: 2017-06-24 Member: 231322Members
edited October 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
This is a fairly minor bug in the greater scheme of things, but it's still something that should probably be fixed.

If you strike a gel sac with a knife, you get a spore out of it. If you strike it three times, you kill it, but you have three spores you can plant.
You can pick a gel sac up as an item. When you put it back down, it doesn't save its 'injury' status.
So! Strike a gel sac twice. Pick it up. Replant it. Strike it twice. Pick it up. Replant it. Strike it twice. Pick it up. Replant it. Et cetera.

My recommendation for fixing this: just make a gel sac react the same as other plants you can pick up (like marblemelons and the mushrooms): when you strike it, let it die instantly, but give you all three/four of the spores at once. It seems it would be the easiest fix.

Alternatively, make it so once you pick a gel sac, you can't replant it; you need to cut them for seeds to plant if you want to grow it in your plant beds.

Comments

• EstebanLB01EstebanLB01 Join Date: 2017-05-09 Member: 230377Members
    This explot is still present. I like the idea of not being able to be planted, the same should go for acid and deep mushrooms, BUT if they are picked up and then drop them in open water, we should be able to strike them to get the seeds.
    Also, for the love of God, make seeds and spores stackable!
  • CappYCappY China Join Date: 2018-01-13 Member: 235007Members
    Having them break on the first hit does indeed seem like an easy fix but considering how quickly they grow, it's hardly an exploit.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    This explot is still present. I like the idea of not being able to be planted, the same should go for acid and deep mushrooms, BUT if they are picked up and then drop them in open water, we should be able to strike them to get the seeds.
    Also, for the love of God, make seeds and spores stackable!

I would love for things to be stackable but nothing is, and I doubt they'll make that change before launch 8 days from now.