Nocturnal Creatures/Night Additions

FleshymammalFleshymammal Join Date: 2017-10-18 Member: 233608Members
When I started Subnautica for the first time and had my first play-through, I didn't go out at night much because I thought it was scary. But after playing more and more, night just became the time the "pretty lights" came on and It didn't bother me much.

I got over the fear because I realized the night didn't bring anything more than darkness and that night wasn't anymore dangerous than day. But I miss being scared, I miss the fear of Crashfish or stalkers. So I think there should be a new creature that only spawns during the night and hunts you. I do realize however that adding a creature that hunts you during the night no matter where you are would be increasingly annoying so the creature should only hunt in one biome or only hun t you if you are making some kind of noise.

This addition would also motivate players to skip night if it is following them, this doesn't mean players would feel motivated to never go out at night and miss all the beautiful bio-luminescence that you so perfectly designed. But rather another fear factor in the game that would make players want to continue playing.

Some people don't like horror so It would also be cool if you made it an option you can turn off or on before the start of the game.

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    Yeah, I've honestly never felt that the game is more dangerous or interesting at night. It's just darker until you get a flashlight after the first 3 minutes of gameplay. (usually before night even starts)
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited October 2017
    I don't see how that would work out with a bed on a Cyclops. If I was in the area it spawns. I just sleep and cancel it. Unless they add what Minecraft does. "You cannot sleep while monsters are nearby".
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited October 2017
    I mainly use Freedom mode. But if I could choose what's on or off. I'd like to enable food, keep water off.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Yes more nocturnal creatures. There is only one creature in the game that is nocturnal!!! We need more!!!
  • justi18562justi18562 Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228386Members
    They should make the eyes of the reaper glow at night and add more bioluminescence.
  • ErnieWErnieW tonasket WA Join Date: 2015-07-13 Member: 206134Members
    dont worry about a specific human hunter just have different critters near the surface the benthic communities move up and down the water in time to the day night cycle.
    with only a few specifically nocturnal creatures.

and again my plea for more life all around. these biomes have so many gaps they have no food web, basically a food string.