My IDEAS

A_RafeA_Rafe Mars Join Date: 2017-10-11 Member: 233500Members
ok,ok,ok I know there is a lot of posts about more subs and everything but i actually want different vehicles not just subs but like hovercrafts and other things. I know this is far-fetched but here are some ideas to implement after release.

- The Sparrow. a plane that can only fly low within the atmosphere. and need to disable the gun to fly.
- The Crab a submarine that is amphibious. this would be really small but be fast in water and slow on land.
- new designs on habitat builder like different shapes, More rooms like a sub control room, a workshop, a base control room and a HUGE moonpool.
- New upgrades like a drone upgrade for the scanner room where cameras can fly, a torpedo upgrade for cyclops, and a upgrade for Exo suit that lets it hover
- MORE PEOPLE, I know NPC's are very hard to program but it would be cool to have other people like you could find people in bases.

If you think of more ideas list them.

Comments

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    1. Meh
    2. meh
    3. yes
    4. yes
    5. They said no NPCs
  • 0851D14N0851D14N Join Date: 2017-10-14 Member: 233560Members
    About the vehicles. I really like the idea of the crab amphibious vehicle, it wold be nice to have something to move fast when diving for fast dislocation and yet have and moderate movement on terrain for more precision work, like mining. And have some ideas over it:

1 - For it not being so op, it could just glide on water instead of diving.
    2 - And it could not just move on the ground but move in every surface, like climb an wall or something like that.

And about the sparrow, i think that an plane like vehicle would be too off from the what Subnautica proposes as a game, but an module that makes the Seamoth glide a little over water would be amazing
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2017
    I'd rather see a hovercraft before or rather than a plane. I mean the world isn't nearly big enough to justify a plane

@jamintheinfinite_1 you're telling me Henry, Sally, Maria, Jeffrey, Billy, Samwise, and Marshall aren't NPC's :open_mouth:
  • A_RafeA_Rafe Mars Join Date: 2017-10-11 Member: 233500Members
    I want an expansion of the world I mean on the loading screen you can see the world is huge
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Hmm, if they do a big expansion of the world, they'll probably use warp gates to cover the distances, but I like the idea of a hovercraft of some sort. What I thought of is a ground effect craft. Something like this:
    flarecraft-l325.jpg

As for something amphibious, the Prawn already is. I know the idea was for the new craft to be fast in the water, maybe like a Seamoth, but if you know the grappling arm pull technique, the Prawn /is/ the fastest vehicle in the water. Kind of inconvenient next to something that handles like the Seamoth, though.
  • FleshymammalFleshymammal Join Date: 2017-10-18 Member: 233608Members
    Some good ideas here.
  • AkuMasterofMastersAkuMasterofMasters Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232934Members
    I have an Idea: When you're starting a new game, or just loading the game in general, the loading screen shows The Aurora crashing, so what if after you beat the game and go back to that save, instead of showing The Aurora crashing, it shows the rocket escaping the planet on the loading screen instead
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited October 2017
    Dynamic loading screen would be a cool idea. Kind of like chapter points. You reach a certain part of the game, a different screen is used. They could use some of their artwork. Like once you find the PCF. The artwork of the Prawn next to the building is used.
  • 05nataku05nataku Join Date: 2017-10-21 Member: 233646Members
    They sound good in theory, but I wonder about whether in practice they will work as planned. I know of only the 2 islands so why would I want to fly above water really? Still have ideas of my own but site demands I wait 1 day before I can make a thread -,- so I'll hold my peace and be patient.