Crashing at launch x64

ArcticCubArcticCub Join Date: 2017-08-18 Member: 232466Members
After the update, did a full uninstall reinstall of ns2, the vcredist, and ran dxsetup. I also tried deleting 4920 in steam userdata, switching between dx9 and dx11 in options. Still crashing with x64 version at launch. I can run 32x normally and join server.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2017
    Hi,

thanks for your report. However your crash looks really odd. It seems like something is trying to inject a code routine at the wrong memory address. This may be caused by certain incompatible DirectX overlays (known programs causing these kind of issues are Rivatuner Statistics (used by tools like msi overburn), razer synapse and nvidia perfHUD). So make sure no program tries to enable such a DX overlay for NS2.
  • ArcticCubArcticCub Join Date: 2017-08-18 Member: 232466Members
    wow weird, crazy how you diagnosed that with the tech sup zip, makes me wanna learn more about coding. I was using rivatuner to limit frames to 70, closed the program, now x64 client launches just fine. Thanks Ghoul ! I will use the ingame limiter instead.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2017
    ArcticCub wrote: »
    wow weird, crazy how you diagnosed that with the tech sup zip, makes me wanna learn more about coding. I was using rivatuner to limit frames to 70, closed the program, now x64 client launches just fine. Thanks Ghoul ! I will use the ingame limiter instead.

Them programmers have their tools to spot anomalies :tongue: They're like magicians in some cases!