[Bug] Disabling all pings, saving, loading produces a Life Pod ping "stuck" to screen [54865]

garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
Steps to reproduce:

1. Turn off all pings
2. Save the game
3. Load the game
4. An image of the Life Pod is "stuck" to screen.
5. Actvivating Ping Manager and turning on then off the Life Pod ping makes it go away

So, very, very minor issue.

(By "stuck", I mean that it remains on the screen regardless of where you turn.)

This one appears to be easily reproducible. I started a new game from scratch and was able to reproduce this very minor issue.

Comments

• KurasuKurasu Join Date: 2017-06-24 Member: 231322Members
    Only semi-minor; I use the life pod ping as a map landmark. ;)
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Kurasu wrote: »
    Only semi-minor; I use the life pod ping as a map landmark. ;)

This only occurs when all pings are turned off. So, presumably, you weren't using the life pod ping as a land mark. :)

In addition, you can easily clear this up by simply toggling the beacons on/off.

It is probably an extremely, extremely rare case in which the player turns off every single one of the pings, saves and then loads the game. You'd almost have to be doing bizarre edge case testing to even find it. :)

• elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    For me, it only occurs when the pod's ping is turned off. I've had it happen consistently with many other pings on at the same time.

This has persisted across several of the latest builds for Experimental.
  • PJMaybePJMaybe United Kingdom Join Date: 2017-10-14 Member: 233545Members
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    For me, it only occurs when the pod's ping is turned off. I've had it happen consistently with many other pings on at the same time.

This has persisted across several of the latest builds for Experimental.

I concur - this issue seems to occur fpr me when I have only some pings turned off, including pod 5.
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    Same. Turn off the Lifepod ping. It gets stuck on load. So I have to enable-disable every game load.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Yeah. I realize now I got it wrong. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the other pings. Rather, to reproduce;

1. Turn off Life Pod 5 ping.
    2. Save and reload

Then, you see the "stuck" Life Pod 5 Ping until you turn it off and back again.