Captains room is unlocked

Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
raaqilheyneh.jpg
6hs5f0j5oldx.jpg
The captains room code in the recent experimental update finally works on his door.

Comments

• iliaboone2015iliaboone2015 California Join Date: 2017-08-10 Member: 232343Members
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    What is the code

It'll come to you in a transmission. In my latest game, I got it right after I built a Cyclops.
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    What is the code

It'll come to you in a transmission. In my latest game, I got it right after I built a Cyclops.

It appears that the endgame is now coming together I wonder if they will allow it to build the launch platform but not the rocket
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited October 2017
    You can see it in the bay list. But it seems you can't build it.
    What is the code

I got it before that. Before the second Sunbeam transmission.
    Hulkie2345 wrote: »
    You can build the platform.
    What is the code

I got it before that. Before the second Sunbeam transmission.

It should come in a way that makes sense maybe after exploring the gun?
    edited October 2017
    The way the message comes in, is because Alterra HQ sent it after they picked up the distress signal. The ships transmitter is still operational. But they where only able to send the data packet to the Captains bridge terminal. It does feel random. But it does make sense. It doesn't break things. Because for a new player, you'd have to still stumble onto this one locked door. You might forget it or have missed it. It's not a cake walk. Nor would someone really be able to get the rocket before exploring the island. If it's their first time playing. When I first played. I didn't think that the Aurora was still accessible. I thought the radiation field was permanent. So I just kept looking around. Stumbling on gun island. Even than. If someone does get it really early, before they find the gun. The HQ message gives a small clue of finding a strong power source.
    The way the message comes in, is because Alterra HQ sent it after they picked up the distress signal. The ships transmitter is still operational. But they where only able to send the data packet to the Captains bridge terminal. It does feel random. But it does make sense. It doesn't break things. Because for a new player, you'd have to still stumble onto this one locked door. You might forget it or have missed it. It's not a cake walk. Nor would someone really be able to get the rocket before exploring the island. If it's their first time playing. When I first played. I didn't think that the Aurora was still accessible. I thought the radiation field was permanent. So I just kept looking around. Stumbling on gun island. Even than. If someone does get it really early, before they find the gun. The HQ message gives a small clue of finding a strong power source.

Can't argue against that
    In previous games it has come to me much earlier. In this game I had only recently explored Gun Island and built a Cyclops soon after.

I'm still only getting the first Sunbeam transmission, too, and missing several other story elements.
    edited October 2017
    Hahah, I just tried to build the launch platform. The Mobile Vehicle Bay took all my materials, lagged, tossed me off, and then didn't build the platform.

Intended behavior? idk but it was funny.

Edit: Tried it again. This time it just took my mats and didn't do anything. I seem to recall people having this same experience when they got the platform blueprints through a console command. Guess it's not quite ready yet. :3
    Hahah, I just tried to build the launch platform. The Mobile Vehicle Bay took all my materials, lagged, tossed me off, and then didn't build the platform.

Edit: Tried it again. This time it just took my mats and didn't do anything. I seem to recall people having this same experience when they got the platform blueprints through a console command. Guess it's not quite ready yet. :3

The rocket stuff are blacklisted so only the devs and the playtesters can access so accept the tease for now
    edited October 2017
    adel_50 wrote: »

The rocket stuff are blacklisted so only the devs and the playtesters can access so accept the tease for now

Well that's dumb. They should of just left the door locked. I thought unlocking the door meant it was in a good state so that we can finally test building it. So I wasted time getting the materials. It's not a tease, it's a troll move.
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    edited October 2017
    Well that's dumb. They should of just left the door locked. I thought unlocking the door meant it was in a good state so that we can finally test building it. So I wasted time getting the materials. It's not a tease, it's a troll move.
    Hey, at least you can decorate your base with the captain's spiffy Aurora miniature now.