Not enough reason to explore the Lava Zones

Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
The Lava Zone is a really large area but there really isn't much of a reason to stay there after you've visited the couple story places there and drilled the few deposits you need. There are a lot of neat little nooks and side areas that have basically no reason to ever visit them.

One thing I think could help with this adding more types of resources to the Lava Zone to make going there more worth the risk. The small ore deposits in the Inactive Lava Zone are fine, but the large deposits could maybe be expanded to include things such as Copper, Diamond, Titanium, Ruby, and Uraninite.

The Lava Lakes section is kind of small, but it too could still use a couple extra things to give more of a reason to go there. Maybe some Quartz or Titanium deposits could be added to encourage exploration.

Another thing that would help the Lava Zone is general terrain polish to make some of the side areas more interesting, and the already interesting areas even cooler to explore.

Comments

• elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I agree. The environment is freaking epic and a wonder to behold, but not only is there not much to do down there once you've done the story stuff, it's super dangerous as well. There's not a lot of incentive to just explore when there's nothing to find and nearly everything is trying to kill you.
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    I agree. The environment is freaking epic and a wonder to behold, but not only is there not much to do down there once you've done the story stuff, it's super dangerous as well. There's not a lot of incentive to just explore when there's nothing to find and nearly everything is trying to kill you.

Kyanite is a big part of the rocket if I'm not mistaken you'll need almost 30 pieces of kyanite to build the rocket (maybe less or more) they might restrict having certain resources like sulfur and other stuff but also adding much to the lava zone will force you in a way to ruch towards the lava zone but that's just my opinion
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    I think a simple solution is to get rid of kyanite from the various tunnels to the ILZ. Just have kyanite in the main room, in the caves leading to the ALZ, places like that. And definitely add diamond to the resource list, the place is perfect to form diamond if this was IRL.
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    Well once the resources above start running out. Titanium, Quartz and Uranite are in the Lost River. They just need to expand those nods further down. It make it easier to build bases too.
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    Hulkie2345 wrote: »
    Well once the resources above start running out. Titanium, Quartz and Uranite are in the Lost River. They just need to expand those nods further down. It make it easier to build bases too.
    AFAIK, the resource nodes still regenerate, although slowly. The Scanner Room comes early in game now and I have one in my new Experimental game from this week, so I should be able to tell soon.

I agree the deeper zones need to have a broad source of mats so it doesn't get crazy to build and support a base down there.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited October 2017
    I recently suggested adding new lava zones not attached to the main one; you'd be expanding the region without encroaching on the "Story progression" that seems to be so critical to the game experience, but I don't see much happening to the ILZ/LZ any time soon since they really only seem to be there for the final parts of the story, as opposed to a region you're meant to explore in full (And with the Old Corridors being trimmed down, there's not as much to explore anyway)