Cool new bug fixes

garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
1. Can now use ion batteries in the habitat builder
2. Fixed loss of pings when you use a vehicle in a teleporter
3. Fixed that you could build stuff you didn't know the recipe yet.
4. Sounds like they are fixing stuff around the Aurora such as places you might fall through the world, etc

We know the DEVs are constantly working on improving the game. Many thanks to them for all their hard work!

ION Batteries in Hab builder
54582 /main 2017-09-30 08:44:02 Fix the builder not taking precursor ion batteries.

Pings using vehicle in Teleporter
54579 /main 2017-09-30 04:59:32 Fix losing pings when using a teleporter in a vehicle.

Building stuff you didn't know using Hab Builder
54543 /main 2017-09-29 04:48:39 Vyacheslav Sedovich Fixed ability to build locked constructables using builder tool.

Various Aurora fixes.
54495 /main/Aurora Exterior Revisions/kiel_AuroraChanges 2017-09-28 20:36:19 Kiel McDonald fixed hole in power room
54479 /main/Aurora Exterior Revisions/kiel_AuroraChanges 2017-09-28 17:00:11 Kiel McDonald Fixed hole in locker room
54478 /main/Aurora Exterior Revisions/kiel_AuroraChanges 2017-09-28 16:28:13 Kiel McDonald Fixed issues where you could see through the hull of aurora
54413 /main 2017-09-27 21:52:09 Kiel McDonald Many Aurora Fixes: floating props, collision tweaks, terrain tweaks etc
54411 /main/Aurora Exterior Revisions/kiel_AuroraChanges 2017-09-27 21:48:15 Kiel McDonald Updated collision on aurora
54409 /main/Aurora Exterior Revisions/kiel_AuroraChanges 2017-09-27 21:29:23 Kiel McDonald Fixed an area where you could swim behind walls of aurora

Comments

• elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Nice! I noticed that they'd fixed a lot of the world-rendering problems with the terrain, though it was convenient being able to just swim through some places...

The game is running better than ever, and loads a lot faster, too. Still get some stuttering here and there, but only for 1-2 seconds and not often. I did notice a jellyray swimming into the terrain, and one of those electric worm dudes went shooting past me at like, mach 3 and disappeared into the distance. That was yesterday, though. Haven't played with the latest builds released today.
  • ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
    It seems like they haven't making any new releases for Experimental for the last couple of days via Steam (at least in California). And at the moment, there are two critical bugs that need fixing, the first being you can't build windows in multipurpose rooms without it failing, and then it's impossible to deconstruct the partially built window because it claims other things are attached (in a totally empty room). The second is that wall planters are now unusable to pick up food (ie Marblemelon). You end up opening the planter instead.

I'm hoping it's just a steam glitch that the updates seem to have stopped, and that it's not anything to do with the actual development.
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    ssutcliffe wrote: »
    It seems like they haven't making any new releases for Experimental for the last couple of days via Steam (at least in California).
    That's odd. I started a new game on Thursday on Experimental version 54517. Friday when I gamed it was version 54573. Today, it's 54584.

Are you sure you're on Experimental? For some reason your game isn't updating.

• Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited September 2017
    It's nice to see the Habitat builder battery issue is finally gone.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    @ssutcliffe I got a new build pushed for Experimental last night, and one this morning, so they're definitely putting them out.

As for the window issue, I had a similar problem with reinforcements on a MPR. However, I found that I was able to build them by focusing on the very edge of the outline. You might give that a try with windows.

The marblemelon problem... I can pick them from an indoor growbed, but it's almost impossible to slash them with a knife to get seeds. I think what happened is that their hitbox became very, very small.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    It seems like they haven't making any new releases for Experimental for the last couple of days via Steam (at least in California). And at the moment, there are two critical bugs that need fixing, the first being you can't build windows in multipurpose rooms without it failing, and then it's impossible to deconstruct the partially built window because it claims other things are attached (in a totally empty room). The second is that wall planters are now unusable to pick up food (ie Marblemelon). You end up opening the planter instead.

I'm hoping it's just a steam glitch that the updates seem to have stopped, and that it's not anything to do with the actual development.

I loaded up Subnautica Experimental, and the version is 54584. Here is the latest code checkin at Subnautica.UnknownWorlds.Com

54588 /main/More small story fixes 2017-09-30 19:47:35 Tom Jubert Added tooltips for larger creatures which can be picked up from aquarium.

Thus, it appears the version on Steam is current as of 9/30.

I haven't seen any bug reports in the bug forum that mention either of those two issues. Would you mind please posting a new thread with those issues and what version you saw them in?

• ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
    edited October 2017
    I'm running Experimental 54584. No downloads pending. The interesting thing about the windows/reinforcement problem is you can deconstruct the multipurpose room - and the windows and reinforcements remain partially constructed with no room in existence. It's like they were not ever actually attached to the room. This doesn't happen on corridors or other rooms that I have tested. I tried it on a brand new Creative game just to make sure it wasn't a corrupted save problem, and it still happened. Very strange!

I tried focusing on the very edges, and that seemed to work for building both the windows. Nice that there's a workaround for right now! Thanks for the tip @elfcrisis. Not being able to build windows or reinforcements in a MP room was a game breaking bug. Sadly, reinforcements don't seem to work no matter what I do in Survival. They *do* seem to work in Creative by being really careful to stay on the side, but using Survival it always fails when using reinforcements, both building and deconstructing. Having it work by switching to Creative temporarily is better then impossible, but it's still a very bad bug that needs to be fixed ASAP.

For marblemelons I imagine you could use individual pots - but they work better in sets of four, and that would take up loads of room compared to wall planters.
  • Victor32Victor32 Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215181Members

Have you tried building the windows while being outside of the room? Haven't played the game in a while, but had the same problems with the circular windows you can put at the ends of corridors AND with living walls in the MP room - fixed every time by building them from the outside.