ReShade

Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
Have a question for all of you people smarter than me with the technical stuff - any idea why I can't run the game with ReShade anymore?

I never had any problems with it before, but ever since the CuddleFish update, all I get is a black screen and then Windows tells me SN stopped responding. I tried that on both the stable and experimental versions, and with the latest version of ReShade. For the record, the game works fine once I remove the ReShade files, obviously.

Comments

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    edited September 2017
    I wonder if Reshade hasn't been updated to work with the latest version of Unity.

I have never heard of Reshade until today. So, just reading a bit about it now. It looks like the the latest version came out in July, version 3.08.

https://reshade.me/

If you have an older version of Reshade, you might see if updating to the latest Reshade helps.
  • nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    I'm running it fine with no problems. Can you send crash log / output_log here?
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    garath wrote: »
    I wonder if Reshade hasn't been updated to work with the latest version of Unity.
    As I wrote above, I am indeed running the latest version of ReShade...
    nesrak1 wrote: »
    I'm running it fine with no problems. Can you send crash log / output_log here?
    Welp, I'm a total dummy when it comes to techy stuff, so an output log is all I could find, hope that's the one you wanted.

And now that I think of it, my vid card drivers are very old - ancient, pretty much, but these are the only ones that are completely stable on my crappy system - and I wonder if they could have become a problem all of a sudden.

Output Log:
    Initialize engine version: 5.6.2p4UnknownWorlds (0)
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (ID=0x1184)
    Vendor: NVIDIA
    VRAM: 1990 MB
    Driver: 10.18.13.5582
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.PerformanceTesting.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.PerformanceTesting.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Analytics.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Analytics.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.VR.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.VR.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Poly2Tri.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Poly2Tri.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\iTween.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\iTween.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LibNoise.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LibNoise.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LitJson.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LitJson.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LumenWorks.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LumenWorks.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\ConsoleUtilsImport.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\ConsoleUtilsImport.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\HardwareVideoImport.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\HardwareVideoImport.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\StorageImport.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\StorageImport.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\TextSystemsImport.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\TextSystemsImport.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityPluginLogImport.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityPluginLogImport.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UsersImport.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UsersImport.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\XboxOneCommonImport.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\XboxOneCommonImport.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Newtonsoft.Json.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Newtonsoft.Json.dll into Unity Child Domain
    - Completed reload, in 0.474 seconds
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
    OnLevelWasLoaded was found on OVRScreenFade
    This message has been deprecated and will be removed in a later version of Unity.
    Add a delegate to SceneManager.sceneLoaded instead to get notifications after scene loading has completed

(Filename: Line: 376)

<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1200 59Hz; virtual: 1920x1200 at 0,0
    <RI> Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 1.285240 ms

Yeah, lots of emoticons...
  • nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    edited September 2017
    fxumxya2yasz.png
    These dated folders are what I'm looking for. Try to zip up the latest one you have.
    Also seems the output_log is basically empty :/
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    See? Told you I'm a moron. :P At work now, will get to it once I'm back home. And thanks so much for trying to help, I really appreciate it.
    I got a tip to disable my antivirus before starting up SN with ReShade and, lo and behold, it worked... problem solved just like that. Not quite sure what one has to do with the other, but there you have it.

So if anyone with a similar issue happens upon this thread - this might be the solution for you. (I'm using Avast, for what it's worth)
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Just a suggestion, but when I come across problems with the antivirus and programs that I know are flagged as false positive, and I believe it was the case with you and Reshade, instead of disabling the antivirus, try putting the program on the exceptions list instead. Always worked with me, and perhaps works with you.
    Just a suggestion, but when I come across problems with the antivirus and programs that I know are flagged as false positive, and I believe it was the case with you and Reshade, instead of disabling the antivirus, try putting the program on the exceptions list instead. Always worked with me, and perhaps works with you.

That's a very good idea, will do just that! Thanks!