Construction Sound ...

DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
What is with the really strange "yowl" and the the sound of a bucket of water being dropped, when ever I use the Habitat Builder??

It sounds like a Stalker being dragged through a little itty-bitty cave by it's tail till it pops!

:#

Comments

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Gotta say...

I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    @Daveny frequently visits the mushroom forest and, shall we say, samples the mushrooms... :)

• DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Really???
    Nobody else gets a weird sound when building?

OK, maybe I have been spending too much time in the mushroom forest.

I'll have to try and make a video of it.

:|
    edited September 2017
    This is what I'm hearing...

https://youtu.be/wzaFmomeHVk

(this is my very first time recording a game video and putting it on Youtube, please forgive any blunders)

B)

• QelsarQelsar Lansdowne, MD Join Date: 2016-05-09 Member: 216536Members
    You aren't crazy @DaveyNY I hear the same thing on my new game. It even happens when I jump in the Seamoth. I thought it was just a new sound effect the devs tossed in.
    edited September 2017
    OK..
    Thanks.

This is new with the CuddleFish update, I can't remember hearing this exact sound before.

But it does sound familiar somehow.
    B)
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Heard the same thing every time I add something to my base or park something in my base. It's the sound of the diver entering the base.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    I think it's the sound of you getting out of a Seamoth when it's docked in a moonpool. Building anything seems to reset the state of the base, causing the Seamoth to re-dock and the audio file to play again. Just undock your Seamoth while building and it will go away. Not sure if it happens with the Prawn Suit too.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Enter base + Ghost Leviathan (or a spine eel. I'm not sure). I think.
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    THAT NOISE. Yeah, it's fixed in experimental. What's happening is the moonpool docking sound is broken and mixed up with the ghost leviathan cry, and there's a currently UN-fixed bug that every time you modify a base, your moonpool replays the docking animation, in this case replaying the wrong sound.
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited September 2017
    That's kinda of cool. I never caught that the Ghost Lev sound was playing with the Seamoth/Pawn dock sound. Are they every going to fix the resting issue with habitats. If they can't, could they at least set the default state of bulkheads to open. So that everything just stays open.