Default secondary switching to xeno once researched

Vman007Vman007 New York Join Date: 2014-01-22 Member: 193411Members
edited September 2017 in NS2 General Discussion
Problem:

Quickswitch turning from parasite to xeno after it has been researched.

Discussion:

Parasite is a big part of alien gameplay. Learning to parasite frequently and effectively is a big part of alien skill. Why confuse rookies by automatically switching parasite secondary on quick switch to xeno once researched. So rookies or vets who press q(whatever your quickswitch or previous weapon is) and blow themselves up instead of parasiting. It is a really weird thing to change late game. Parasite should always be the secondary for quickswitch/previous weapon throughout the whole round. This has bugged me for awhile. Although not a big deal. As someone who parasites constantly after the 1000 time blowing myself on accident i just had to write it up.

Solution::

1. Keep parasite as the default secondary for previous weapon and quick switch throughout the game without xeno trumping it after it is researched.

2. Or make it options in setting but to always keep parasite on secondary as default

Thank You

Comments

• SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm super confused. Since when has xeno been on 2? It has always been on 3 afaik. Also, who has quick switch on q??
  • Vman007Vman007 New York Join Date: 2014-01-22 Member: 193411Members
    edited September 2017
    Its not on 2 but it becomes the default secondary on quick switch after it is researched. Meaning when you spawn and xeno is researched once you hit quick switch it goes to xeno (3) instead of parasite (2) like it has been for the entire match. That continuity should stay. No reason to switch it to xeno. Just sets it up for rookies to accidentally blow themselves up which is obviously annoying. Everyone can agree that parasite is relevant throughout the game. No reason not to keep it static on quick switch.

Not the point but i like it on q. You would have to see my keyboard map to understand. I always keep my crosshair on parasite then quick switch when im in melee distance.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I blow myself up frequently by accident once xeno is researched.
  • KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2017
    I know I've personally been bringing this up for at least 2 years. Looks like it finally made it onto trello recently (https://trello.com/c/AsxbZsox/616-315-quick-switch-shouldnt-be-influenced-by-new-weapons), but it's marked Backlog and I haven't heard anything about it, so that's not very heartening. Maybe this post will bring some dev attention to it.

Note that as the trello card says, the para/xeno stuff is just one symptom of the larger problem which affects all alien research abilities. But the xeno part is probably the most annoying.
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    I have quickswitch on q, too. medpack is on the mouse side button.