moving

2»

Comments

• BelgarelBelgarel Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231570Members, Subnautica Developer
    garath wrote: »
    Try 1 to load a file here. Remove .jpg from the file.

It looks like it's next to your base to me, 1092m to it and 1079m to your base from the point I load in at. It's also not moving. Was the issue you had that it spawns somewhere else but isn't actively moving once you load in? And if you load this save without the other files in the save directory (just move them out of the way temporarily) do you still have the issue?
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    edited September 2017
    Belgarel wrote: »
    garath wrote: »
    Try 1 to load a file here. Remove .jpg from the file.

It looks like it's next to your base to me, 1092m to it and 1079m to your base from the point I load in at. It's also not moving. Was the issue you had that it spawns somewhere else but isn't actively moving once you load in? And if you load this save without the other files in the save directory (just move them out of the way temporarily) do you still have the issue?

Thank you for taking a look. It's pretty cool you could load up enough of the game from just those three files.

I loaded the save and saw the same distances you saw. The issue I experience is a sea-saw type of motion for the Life Pod 5. I load a save and observe the pod 1,000 meters away. Then, over the course of play, it "leashes" back to the start location. Then, I save and go away. Then, I load the save, and it is again 1,000 meters away. Over the course of play, it leashes back moving at around 1 m/s. This repeated two or three times over my play sessions. In my most recent play session, I have been far, far away from the Safe Shallows and hadn't been paying attention to it or that old base. So, it has apparently slowly drifted back to its start location.

Sorry if I made it sound like it was always 1,000 meters away when I loaded a save. When you play on the weekend and play 6-8 hours straight and then don't play again until the following weekend, it seems like it is occurring on every load game.

Thanks again for taking a look.