Bug reporting question

jeodjeod Stuck in Aperture Join Date: 2017-04-12 Member: 229591Members
Hey everyone! I just have a simple question I want to ask before I somehow mess up with the way I'm doing this. My question is, should I report bugs if I'm on experimental? If so, should I add that's it's in experimental mode? I was wondering because they state that in the experimental they release a new update every day regardless of state the experimental is in. So they obviously know it's unstable, but do they want to gain extra knowledge they may need?
Thanks for your time
-Jeod007

Comments

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    I definitely report bugs on experimental and include the version number. My rationale is very simple: The developers will frequently fix bugs that appeared in the latest stable release. So, if you only report bugs in the latest stable release, then you may be wasting your time because those bugs have been fixed and are known to be fixed in a later experimental version.

Yes, the developers may break some stuff in experimental and know they broke it. But they may also accidentally break other stuff and *not* know about it. By reporting bugs in whatever version you play, stable or experimental, you provide more feedback to the developers to let them know what's happening.

• baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    There's a pinned post about how to report bugs that answers these questions, but yes, and yes, and please include the build#.