Ghost update: Habitat furnishing bugs and vanishing research

Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
1. Incomplete research vanishes — I've found and scanned one Modification Station piece. I WAS at 1/3 on it. Now I'm back at 0/3 again. I went from 0/3 to 1/3 and back to 0/3 THREE TIMES on the mobile vehicle construction bay before I found enough pieces in one place to get the blueprint. Yesterday I scanned a piece of nuclear reactor, and today I'm back to 0/3 on it again. I've only found one piece of moon pool and I'm praying I can find another piece to scan before my moonpool research decays back to 0/2 again.
2. Living walls can only be constructed or deconstructed in habitat multipurpose rooms from the outside. From the inside, you can start construction and place the wall, then it instantly goes unresponsive and just Z-fights with the wall.
3. You can build most interior devices on a wall reinforcement. DO NOT try to build a medical kit fabricator on a wall reinforcement. The fabricator places inside the reinforcement. You can neither construct it nor deconstruct it, because the reinforcement is in the way, and you can't deconstruct the reinforcement to get at the medkit fabricator, because it's got a medkit fabricator on it that must be deconstructed first, which you can't because the reinforcement is in the way ... The only thing you can do is reload from your last save.
4. The lab counter is about 2-3" taller than its hitbox. So any piece of lab equipment that you put down on a lab counter will place embedded about 2" into the top of the counter. This is cosmetic only because they're all non-functional anyway, but it's cosmetically annoying.

Comments

• elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    What build are you on? I'm running Experimental 53003 and the incomplete blueprint bug seems to have been fixed.

The med-kit fabricator with a reinforced wall bug has been around for a long time. I haven't tested it in a newer build, though, because it's such a pain if it goes wrong.

I will note that the Seamoth Pressure Compensator bug is still around, though.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    This has happened to me multiple times, even before the Ghost update. First time it ever happened was when I was scanning cyclops parts. I maxed the Cyclops Hull, and got to 2/3 on both the Bridge and Engine. Then the glitch brought the Bridge and Hull down to 0/3. It did this TWICE. Then, after the update, I never got the bluprints for a Radiation suit. Then, Same thing with the Modification Station. Ended up unlocking it via console commands. I know it happened with something else, but I forget what it was.

Anyways, annoying but ignorable glitch. Hope it's fixed.