Distance of some object icons not being displayed properly

GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
Presently I am looking at my seamoth icon, which object is located at my new base, from the vicinity of my old base as I move towards it with my seaglide. The distance reported beneath the icon is 10m. It was 10m when I exited the old base, and it is 10m as I approach the new base, along a journey of about 15-20 seconds.

Comments

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Question: What are you using as the reference point for your base? Are you using a beacon? Or, are you using the distance to Life Pod 5?

In my current game, I was heading back to base and found Life Pod 5 drifting roughly 500 meters from my base. So, if your reference point for distance is Life Pod 5, the distance may be working just fine but Life Pod 5 may be floating away from you.
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    edited September 2017
    The seamoth was docked at the new base, I was at the old base. Though since then I have left the seamoth in numerous places and it always shows as 10m away, whether I am 5m or 2km away.

Edit: Since I reloaded the save it has stopped doing this and the distance is now correct, at least as far as I can tell.

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    edited September 2017
    Just now, playing [52980], my distance display showed I was 5m from the Seamoth for the entire 15 seconds I swam toward it--including just before I entered the Seamoth.

That distance display bug is hard on the Seamoth. I exited a 100% health Seamoth and then it was one-shotted by a Bone Shark. *sigh*
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I've noticed this for the past several builds. The Seamoth, and I think sometimes the Prawn, will show some small distance like 9m or 27m no matter how far I am from them. My reference is a beacon and/or the Cyclops next to my base. So one will say 1200m or whatever and the Seamoth will say 15m. This happens pretty consistently, but I haven't started a brand new game in a week or so, I think, so this may be an error associated with that.
  • ausrock60ausrock60 Australia Join Date: 2017-09-03 Member: 232784Members
    Exactly the same thing has been happening to me for the passed week or more. I even built a new seamoth and then it would alternate between seamoths on startup. I could take one out and it would give me distances and then the next time I would start the game the other one would give me distances.
    Unfortunately now they are both stuck. One on 3m the other on 45m.
    Makes it very difficult for deep caves dives. I have reported it with the F8 dialogue box but even that is not working now.
    I have tried using the ping manager but it makes no difference.
    Hasn't affected me as yet on the cyclops or prawn but only just started using them and already my cyclops is stuck in open water.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members