Unable to repair the broken electrical panel ...

GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
... on the wreck at 392, -17, -192 in safe shallows.

Comments

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    We have never been able to repair stuff except our starting Lifepod and the Aurora. Wish it was different. But after many, many hours, haven't ever been able to do it.

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    garath wrote: »
    We have never been able to repair stuff except our starting Lifepod and the Aurora. Wish it was different. But after many, many hours, haven't ever been able to do it.

We've been able to repair a ton of things on wrecks before.

What are you talking about?
    ... on the wreck at 392, -17, -192 in safe shallows.

Have you tried turning it on and back off again?

Jk, idk how to help.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    @GlassDeviant As always, it would be helpful to state which build you're playing, Stable or Experimental, and if the latter, which build#.
    garath wrote: »

We've been able to repair a ton of things on wrecks before.

What are you talking about?

You're right, of course. Sorry. I was thinking about the broken electrical panels in the lifepods that sometimes look like they should be repairable.
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    The latest build as of the time of posting, though that's hard to say since we seem to be getting 3 updates a day lately.

This wreck in particular, similar to the one in the lower part of the PRAWN bay in the Aurora, has a repairable panel that I've repaired several times in the last couple of months.
    OTOH the wreck with the log Degassi Crew Manifest: Paul Torgal with the internal panel is repairable, so it's likely just that one panel in the first post that is bugged.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    The top right corner of your screen should have the build number.
    FWIW, I was able to repair the control panel on the wreck in question (not that there's a whole lot in that wreck anyway) but I have had saves where the repair tool would not detect the panel. I think this is a problem that crops up randomly-- like sometimes not being able to scan a fragment you're looking right at.
    edited September 2017

Yes, the current build number. But it won't have the build number that was installed at the time the game file was originally created. With updates coming multiple times daily it's indeteminable unless there is something in the save file(s) somewhere that has this information.

For that matter, with builds coming multiple times daily, it's hard to test when the possibility of incompatibilities between builds causing problems is not just real but realised on a regular basis. One revision difference can mean a problem that requires a completely new, clean file.
    I wonder if this code check-in is about the wreck in this thread:

52906 /main 2017-09-01 02:51:48 Jake Smith Wreck 16(crash zone) fixed weldable panel and doorway clipping

Yes, the current build number. But it won't have the build number that was installed at the time the game file was originally created. With updates coming multiple times daily it's indeteminable unless there is something in the save file(s) somewhere that has this information.

For that matter, with builds coming multiple times daily, it's hard to test when the possibility of incompatibilities between builds causing problems is not just real but realised on a regular basis. One revision difference can mean a problem that requires a completely new, clean file.

I have experienced none of this and I've been playing since March, on the same install, and I have at least two saves that I started back then. I'm guessing you're playing Experimental, though. That said, the pinned post about how to report bugs clearly states the build# you're currently playing on is necessary to track down bugs.

I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and say the devs know exactly what it is they need to track down and start fixing a bug.