Missing moonpool

SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
My wife and I spent a few hours over the last two days exploring all the wrecks with cheats to update the information from the wiki. It was an entertaining endeavor, but ultimately a wasted effort. We cataloged 20 wrecks accessible with goto codes and noted everything we found. It wasn't until we were going over the information afterwards that we noticed we had not found a single moonpool fragment in all those wrecks. How is that possible?

My wife is in her game now. She's progressed through everything and is now looking for the moonpool so she can put the grappling arm on her exosuit and head to the castle. But no luck so far. Did they take the fragments out of the wrecks?

Comments

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    The developers have definitely been doing some strange things with the blueprint fragments. The most often complaint seems to be folks having trouble finding the Mobile Vehicle Bay. I've also heard folks say the Laser Cutter is hard to find. The main place I always find the moon pool is:
    Degassi base in Jellyshroom cave
  • SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
    garath wrote: »
    The developers have definitely been doing some strange things with the blueprint fragments. The most often complaint seems to be folks having trouble finding the Mobile Vehicle Bay. I've also heard folks say the Laser Cutter is hard to find. The main place I always find the moon pool is:
    Degassi base in Jellyshroom cave

She eventually found it in a wreck. The fragments look different, harder to spot and not similar to other fragments. I think she got one fragment at the site you mentioned. I have one of the two as well, maybe from the same place.

People have trouble finding the laser cutter? I've seen four or five fragments for it in a single room. The mobile vehicle bay has also been trivially easy for us to find. Whatever algorithm they use to randomly distribute fragments clearly needs work.
  • ThricebornPhoenixThricebornPhoenix Join Date: 2017-08-29 Member: 232713Members
    We cataloged 20 wrecks accessible with goto codes and noted everything we found.
    There's a new wreck in Sparse Reef that I assume was not one of those goto wrecks. It should have two or three Moonpool fragments scattered nearby.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    The fragment finding has improved much with the latest Ghost leviathan update. Make sure to restart the whole game as this is a really major update with a lot of things.
    • Most fragments now look like the original that was physically fragmented. Looking for the Moonpool? Look for parts like the feet.
    • Following the signals now is easier with integrated PDA management and will lead you to all important fragments if you look for stuff nearby.

Hint:
    Near Officer Keen's lifepod signal there is a wreck with moonpool parts. You might have missed that, as this message will appear around the time you are lured into meeting with the Sunbeam. So if you did the Sunbeam first, you may have forgotten to visit Keen's location.

Generally, I'd say that even with changing fragment locations from time to time, the devs will stick to revealing the important location via signals. So if you miss something, research all wrecks near the list of signals.
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    People have trouble finding the laser cutter? I've seen four or five fragments for it in a single room. The mobile vehicle bay has also been trivially easy for us to find. Whatever algorithm they use to randomly distribute fragments clearly needs work.

It has always been slightly quirky. Like I've started multiple new games in quick succession to test things, and occasionally end up with a game where some fragments aren't where I can usually reliably find them. In one game I found a whole bunch of those fragments crammed to overflowing in a single wreck. Made me wonder if their algorithm spawns them in wrecks and they're supposed to randomly explode out of it, to distribute them, but it doesn't always work.
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    Moonpool fragments aren't always inside the wrecks they're outside

Always remember don't just search inside the wrecks search outside the wrecks aswell
    adel_50 wrote: »
    Moonpool fragments aren't always inside the wrecks they're outside

Always remember don't just search inside the wrecks search outside the wrecks aswell

Assuming everything's working.

That one game I referred to, I couldn't find any moonpool fragments on the seabed where I typically could. Where I had several times in the previous few days in different playthroughs, and many times before that. Or the other fragments which were typically in that area. In that game all those missing fragments seemed to be stuffed in that wreck.

That experience made me wonder if some other people reporting problems with finding fragments might have encountered a similar scenario. Rather than just being, eg. blind.
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    I'm playing on Xbox One and i've made it to the grand reef, built a prawn suit and multiple bases, but still haven't found a single fucking moon pool fragment. I'll try the jellyshroom cave now that I've got a prawn suit, though.

This game has some seriously ass-backwards chicken and the egg blueprint situations.
    I'll try the jellyshroom cave now that I've got a prawn suit, though.

You can get the fragments from there easily as soon as you have the seamoth.
    Use the tunnel down from the safe shallows which opens directly above the abandoned seabase. Park the seamoth above its crush depth. Swim down to get the fragments.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    I'm playing on Xbox One and i've made it to the grand reef, built a prawn suit and multiple bases, but still haven't found a single fucking moon pool fragment. I'll try the jellyshroom cave now that I've got a prawn suit, though.

This game has some seriously ass-backwards chicken and the egg blueprint situations.

In my most recent savefile, I unlocked the Moonpool by visiting various Small Wrecks found in the world. But you can usually unlock it from either Large Wreck in the Grand Reef as well.
  • SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
    Got the moonpool in my new game today before the Sunbeam got here. Found six or eight fragments at one wreck.

Fragments *really* need some work.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Just this evening I found Moonpool fragments in the Mushroom Forest near the Aurora and now I have one much, much earlier in the game than I ever have before.
    Yeah, this is easily the earliest I've ever had the moonpool. I mean, I had the moonpool before I had the MP room! Craziness.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Yeah, this is easily the earliest I've ever had the moonpool. I mean, I had the moonpool before I had the MP room! Craziness.

Inconceivable! :)
    If anyone's having trouble with these, I found 4 fragments on the seafloor around the sparse reef wreck. Pretty easy and safe to reach.