Mushroom cave idea

MuovipulloMuovipullo Join Date: 2017-03-24 Member: 229158Members
I think that it would be cool if mushroom cave have more story elements. I mean the cave looks awesome with large glowing shrooms and is also quite dangerous, because of crabsnakes. However there is only one Degasi base down there and only a little bit of story elements. I would like to see that place more important in future.

Opinions about crabsnakes and mushroom cave?

Comments

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    A closer inspection of the base turns up another one of Bart's PDAs:
    "The best thing about Marguerite's plan for this base is all the free thermal power. The worst thing about it is all the mad Crab Snakes! They seem to have an unhealthy fascination with our power transmitters - often snatching them away into their shroom-nests. Is it something about the gold content that attracts them? I must study this when I have the time, but unless I can keep up with the repairs the computer terminal will be useless. Sure, I'll lose all my research, but Marguerite will truly lose her cool if all her new beacon frequencies are gone too."

The player may then decide to repair the ruined power-line sprawling through the Jellyshroom caves. This can be done either by retrieving the stolen power transmitters, or more prudently building new ones.

Once power has been restored the base's skanky old algae-covered computer lights up. Next the player's PDA pipes in with a message:
    "Interfacing with local database .... downloading bulk data set .... installing new fauna data ..... installing new beacon frequencies..... *DING* .... Please check your Ping Manager for new signal sources"

When next opened, the player's Ping Manager shows several new beacons. They're labelled:
    - Stalker tooth horde
    - New build site
    - Fauna sample site #37

The first beacon can be traced to that Stalker-infested wreck in the weed forest (lots of nice teeth around though).
    The second to that hard-to-find Degasi Grand Reef base ruin.
    The third to a lurking reaper leviathan! (but that's our Marguerite for you...)

Well okay looks like I need to go back there again. I didn't see that coming.
  • Quiet_BlowfishQuiet_Blowfish Join Date: 2017-09-11 Member: 232955Members
    Err... don't rush back there too soon.
  • ZeddIsDeadZeddIsDead Australia Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216029Members
    Lol, a bunch of players are now searching Jellyshroom caves frantically while screaming at their monitors 'Where the **** is the damned PDA!?!'
  • Quiet_BlowfishQuiet_Blowfish Join Date: 2017-09-11 Member: 232955Members
    Yeah, I really should have posted the full payment details for this new DLC content. ;)
  • PhantomRider187PhantomRider187 Join Date: 2017-08-28 Member: 232692Members
    What about a precursor cache in the Jelly Shroom caves? Its just a thought...