Stuck on Saving

FearXIFearXI Join Date: 2017-08-21 Member: 232529Members
Well this is kind of a game breaking bug. Time lapse so far is 25~ mins with it saving.
Hit ESC Key roughly 10 mins in to hit sitting there saving and I can now play but with the Saving icon on the top left corner spinning away.

Maybe reproducible here's the steps I did that may have caused this bug.

I jumped up into my Cyclops in the Prawn suit.
Right after I stepped out it did the "Welcome Aboard Capt.." (Saving Inventory) Immediately before it could finish saying "Captain" I hit ESC key and hit "Save Game".
It also won't let me exit to desktop/main menu pops up with "Please Wait...". I'm assuming if I crash game it'll corrupt the save, but at this point don't see much else I could do.

In hindsight I see it probably was stupid to try and save so soon stepping into the cyclops but who knew? lol
Build#52328

Comments

• FearXIFearXI Join Date: 2017-08-21 Member: 232529Members
    Think total of 40 mins I figured wth and I crashed the game via Task Manager and it didn't corrupt the save but it didn't save anything and I'm back to an older save.
  • RiverHawkRiverHawk France Join Date: 2021-05-18 Member: 270299Members
    I have the exact same game breaking problem. It happens in many suituations.
    I've reinstalled the game. Restart a new game.
    It happens 25% on the save. I think it depends of the area.
    I stop the game from steam when it happens. I play with Shadow PC.

Someone have a solution please ?
  • travisty75travisty75 USA Join Date: 2021-05-16 Member: 270161Members
    There are many of us having this issue, both PC and console. There are 3 or 4 new threads this week covering the same thing.

If anyone finds a fix for this please let me know because I've stopped playing the game until I know my progress can be saved.
    I think the game can't save because of things which wasn't loadead.
    Now i'm in a save where just a little bit of the map can load and i'm stuck there.
    Erasing the slot0000/batchobjects files, and setting all the graphics to the minimum solved the problem. Now i can play and save : )